axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

Hi All,

I am a Newbie to this great place and need some advice.

I am getting a detailed tattoo from a real talented artist on my upper arm. I have been told it will take six hours with breaks. Any advice from you guys on sitting for long periods would be appreciated.

Also….. If a fully healed tattoo receives bruising to the skin, will it damage the image of the tattoo or just heal back with no effects to the image?

Thanks loads..

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

my best advice would be to make sure you have a decent meal and take some drinks or chocolate with you !
    the pain will get to you more if you have an empty stomach ๐Ÿ˜‰

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

have a good meal with plenty of carbohydrates about an hour before you go, also make sure your sugar levels are up ie.. have a drink of coke (not diet) or similar, but then again we dont know if you are a diabetic or not ???

if you are diabetic then check your levels regular as being tattood does drain it from you
    and if you have a hemogloben A1c above 8% than dont get it done

take an ipod/mp3 player to keep your mind occupied, personally i prefare talking to the client, but if they prefare music then they can either use their own ipod/mp3 or i can just turn the music up in the studio

DO NOT consume any pain killers, alcohol or joints before hand

but most of all, enjoy yourself because you are getting a wonderful piece of art to treasure and show off for the rest of your life ๐Ÿ˜‰

axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

Thanks loads…

I heard that upper arm is one of the less painful places. ?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

its not to bad a stop to get done , the sides of the arm hurt quite a bit more

Lumal
    Participant
    @lumal

Take warm clothes with you, gloves and stuff. Last time i was sitting for about 7 hours my hands were cold as ice after an hour or two.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

oops i just noticed i said stop and meant spot :rolleyes:

axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

Thanks for the spot!

Lumal….. How did you find seven hours? Was it an arm piece?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

My potrait was a free hand that took just under 8 hours and we had 2 15 min breaks on top of that.
    It was fine and the arm area is very bearable.

You need a high carb meal prior and plenty of fluids throughout.

The bruising does go down so don’t worry.

If you get stuck they can always halve the session there is no shame in that. (Which I am sure won’t be necessary as your arm will prob be numb by then).

Take Care
    matthew

axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

Hi Matthew

Was that the Lion that took 8 hours?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

No it was the one done of my wife.
    As this was done freehand it took a lot longer as there was no pre-drawn stencil.
    The Lion was done from a pre-drawn stencil but took around 5 hours with one 5 min break
    Take Care
    Matthew

axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

nice work all round.

Tanx

Lumal
    Participant
    @lumal
    axis68;49496 wrote:
    Thanks for the spot!

Yeah, i have pics of it in my gallery. 7 hours including brakes. It took amazingly long to do dot work.

I have my next appointment 13.10, we were planning on 6-7 hour job then too. Can’t wait ๐Ÿ˜›

Lumal
    Participant
    @lumal
    axis68;49496 wrote:
    Thanks for the spot!

Yeah, i have pics of it in my gallery. 7 hours including brakes. It took amazingly long to do dot work.

I have my next appointment 13.10, we were planning on 6-7 hour job then too. Can’t wait ๐Ÿ˜›

axis68
    Participant
    @axis68

Lumal,

love the shoulder/ sleeve work…. looks really good.
    Tanx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.