American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

Ive got my arms done and ive started my leg sleeve. Im going to get the world REBEL down my shin to represent the rebelious time in my life. Whats the pain like for the shin. Ive heard pretty intense:confused: haha thanks for the help guys!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

im just guessing that its going to hurt like a bitch ๐Ÿ˜€

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

The front of the shin would hurt like hell I reckon. I’ve just never had a good feeling about that part of the body.

Saramine
    Participant
    @saramine

The lower leg was not my favorite place to get done. I found it quite painful but its not going to stop me from getting a sleeve is that what you call it. On the leg on the other side.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Having been skin graphed on both shins and having broken them both I can understand your concern they are perhaps one of the most badly designed parts of the human body ever and really painful even if you knock them.

The pain is around a 6-7 on the scream meter – expect some cursing, teeth gritting and eye watering but you will find it bearable after around 15 mins.

Take Care
    Matthew

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

thanks for the replys and the encouragement! haha ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

the shins are a barstard…. the front is extremely tender and ouchy !!

after 15 minutes and before 60 minuts is bareable, but expect to be walking with discomfort the next day or so.. when the healing process starts and the skin tightens up you are going to know about it…. i love being honnest ๐Ÿ˜€

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    Whats the pain like for the shin. Ive heard pretty intense haha thanks for the help guys!

I have to disagree with you on that Mathew – I have both my shins done and the pain is actually not bad as well

My left shin I have a skull in a martini glass I got it done in Bakersfield California I was brutally hungover, it was 110 degrees (approx 42.5 C) outside with no AC in the shop! and I barely felt a thing

My right shin I have a baseball bat that goes up and down my leg and again very little pain indeed

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Al

Whilst I know everybody feels pain differently – you must have shins of iron. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    I take my hat off to you but personally I don’t think I could handle a shin tat and just say it was ok.

I’d be crying like a baby most likely ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
    Matthew

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    you must have shins of iron

Haha – not at all!!

Quote:
    Whilst I know everybody feels pain differently

Mathew I will tell you right now the older you get and the more “easy” places get used up, the more tattoos hurt

Now I am not sure if you body just adjusts and releases less endorphins as you get more covered or not but I would say these days I am pretty much a “wuss” when it comes to feeling pain and I still stand by the fact neither shin hurt very much at all.

In fact before I got my right shin done I was very worried about the pain and my tattooist just had a full sailing ship done across his shin and he swore to me it wasn’t a bad place at all and I thought to myself “yeah right” but lo and behold it was an easy spot to get worked! ๐Ÿ˜€

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel
    Aussie_Al;49210 wrote:
    I have to disagree with you on that Mathew – I have both my shins done and the pain is actually not bad as well

My left shin I have a skull in a martini glass I got it done in Bakersfield California I was brutally hungover, it was 110 degrees (approx 42.5 C) outside with no AC in the shop! and I barely felt a thing

My right shin I have a baseball bat that goes up and down my leg and again very little pain indeed

That sounds like a “I use to walk to school up hill both ways” haha ive talked to A LOT of people and most of them say it was HELL! I agree with the guy above who says you have shins of steel! but im going in wensday to get my tatt so we will see!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

remember to post a pic ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

LOL – let me know how ya go – I still stand by the fact shin tattoos aren’t bad at all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.