HolyHibachi
    Participant
    @holyhibachi

Alright, my original idea was the get the Metallica Ninja Star. I think it looks cool and Metallica is my favorite band. But I wanna put words on it as well. I’m looking for some input on how I could put the words on there while still having it look nice. If that’s not possible, I could also try to think of my own design that would work better. Someone also told me that tattoo artists can’t tattoo copywrited images. Is that true?

Edit: Oh yeah, the words I wanna get on there. I was gonna get Risk and Reward on opposite sides and Regret and Rejoice on opposite sides.

Metallica_ninja_star-logo-F5011B9C79-seeklogo.com.gif

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hmm metallica ninja star , my partner wanted one of these but its a little common to be honest ๐Ÿ˜€
    i seen them live many times because they are his favorite band too and every time i have been i have seen 100’s with this tattoo .
    oh and the scary guy tattoo also.
    unless your getting this done big its going to look a mess with words also :rolleyes:

HolyHibachi
    Participant
    @holyhibachi

Ok, so it probably would be better to do a different design then if it’s overdone.

But do words really only work if the tattoo is really big?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

myself i get it more stylized instead of adding words .
    if your set on getting it done get it done like its made of stone and all cracked etc

90% of the ones i seen have been plain black and tribal looking :rolleyes:

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’m a huge Metallica fan myself, but I think the ninja star is way too common. One I like and may have tattooed myself one day is the No Leaf Clover design. It’s a 4 leaf clover but with with skulls instead of the leaves. Look it up.

HolyHibachi
    Participant
    @holyhibachi
    Joker1;48568 wrote:
    I’m a huge Metallica fan myself, but I think the ninja star is way too common. One I like and may have tattooed myself one day is the No Leaf Clover design. It’s a 4 leaf clover but with with skulls instead of the leaves. Look it up.

I do know what you’re talking about, but I come from a devout Catholic family, so they would probably crucify me if I got any kind of skulls.

Charlie888
    Participant
    @charlie888

Nice idea. Have you tried playing around with the design and wording on photoshop? That is what i did when I was researching my last tattoo. I didn’t have much of a clue about how to use it at first but got a mate to help and it is really pretty easy.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The reason you would have to fairly big is to stop the words from blurring into the star and it becoming a big inky blob.

Tattooists can tattoo copyrighted images – it is technically illegal but there has been no case I can think of where a company has sued for damages over a copyright image tattoo.

What are they going to do – force you to laser it off :rolleyes:

Also been a big Metallica fan I have seen many stars but if you make it your own style it will be a gem in a desert of stone.

Take Care
    Matthew

HolyHibachi
    Participant
    @holyhibachi

Ok, so words need to be a pretty good size or they look bad?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

all the tattoo does , not just the words ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    Sherav;48582 wrote:
    What are they going to do – force you to laser it off :rolleyes:

They’re the evil anti-pirates of Metallica… they just might ๐Ÿ˜€

HolyHibachi
    Participant
    @holyhibachi

Haha nice.

But like how big are we talking here? Cuz I wanted to get something that wasn’t HUGE but I don’t wanna get something tiny either.

tattoobydoom
    Participant
    @tattoobydoom

I live in canada and lots of metallica fan around here but no tattoo of this…I would say go ahead with it if this is waht you want.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    Butterfly_Kisses;48554 wrote:
    hmm metallica ninja star , my partner wanted one of these but its a little common to be honest ๐Ÿ˜€
    i seen them live many times because they are his favorite band too and every time i have been i have seen 100’s with this tattoo .
    oh and the scary guy tattoo also.
    unless your getting this done big its going to look a mess with words also :rolleyes:

That’s common? Good Lord butterfly…where are you? I aint ever seen that in my life. Am I like out of touch or what? Ha!:D

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

im in Nottingham ๐Ÿ˜€ home of the rockers !!
    this city is full of metal heads and goths :rolleyes:
    also i have seen them in sheffield , london and Birmingham , plus i like looking at other peoples tattoos so i just must notice it more i guess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.