xoxshaye-bxox
    Participant
    @xoxshaye-bxox

I got my 1st tattoo a month or so ago on the top of my right wrist… Its for my niece who very sadly is not here with us anymore =( She always called me Aunty Ducky so i was thinking of getting a duck added to it somewhere but not sure if i should go a design of daisy duck a rubber ducky or something more life like (if that makes sense)… I would upload a pic to show you it but i can’t work out how to do that hehe, any idea’s and/or opinions on it would be great, oh and if someone wants to help me with the pic uploading =)
    Cheers <3

xoxshaye-bxox
    Participant
    @xoxshaye-bxox

Okies so DMD helped me to upload pics so this is my tat!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi , welcome to the forum.
    So very sad to hear that your niece passed 🙁
    sorry i cant see the picture .
    the rubba duck could be very cute . if it was me getting it done i would stay away from cartoon ducks.

Tana

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

check her album butterfly^^

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

already did and left a comment 😉

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

do you mean like this ??

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

yeah, thats how i thought.
    looks quite sweet

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I would add a little halo to it and will make a damn fine in memory tattoo.

Take care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i didnt add a halo as it was what her niece called her and not the other way round…. if that makes sense ?? :confused:

xoxshaye-bxox
    Participant
    @xoxshaye-bxox

Thank you for the pic comment Butterfly… Sorry you can’t see the pic i don’t know what i did or didn’t do…
    Outlaw that looks pretty sweet… I know what you mean by the Halo as well… Do you reckon with colour or without?
    I was thinking daisy duck cause she’s cute and i thought they may be able to draw her up in like the same pose my niece used to do, but then on the other hand i don’t really like the idea of a cartoon character on my wrist… Hmmm so many things to think about…
    Cheers <3

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i think the bright yellow like sunshine looks brill like in the pic outlaw did for you .

wak
    Participant
    @wak

At first I was thinking of a really realistic piece – perhaps in a simple silhouette – like a Wood Duck (we have them here in Australia, I don’t know if they’re common elsewhere?) with nice feathers etc.

But then I thought that’s not really a “ducky” is it.

I reckon Outlaw’s idea is probably more like what you were after… if you want to recreate the loving name that your niece called you.

xoxshaye-bxox
    Participant
    @xoxshaye-bxox

Yeah i was thinking colour cause she was a little girl and always in bright colourful clothes…
    I think (maybe) i know the wood duck your talking about Wak, but yeah doesn’t really remind me of a ducky just a duck lol that so doesn’t make any sense…
    Eventually I want to be able to look down at my wrist see the little ducky and think of my little princess and smile.

CustomInk
    @

Hello,

I’m so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to give you some advice on the more practical side. I’m a tattoo artist and i just think you should consider a few things. First, it appears you want the duck pretty small, which can be done, but you have to be careful. You can’t try to put too much detail into it or it will age very poorly. with this in mind, a small rubber(yellow bathtub type)ducky might work out much better for you in the long run than daisy duck or something more detailed…i hope i helped and once again i’m so sorry for your loss.

joe

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87

i like the one outlaw added to your tat.. the bright yellow rubber ducky looks perfect and would be a great memorial.. with the halo, i was wondering whether it would be nice to add the halo to the ‘L’ on your tat? that would make it a memorial tat with the duck on top to commemorate what she used to call you? i wouldn’t go cartoony or anything… and a wood duck is a mallard and i think it wouldn’t suit what you are looking for

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.