Thomas725
    @

I took a tatto when i was on vacation this summer.
    It is a Chinese symbole, and im not sure what it means
    Can some one pleace tell me what this symbole means ?? :confused:
    pleace help me! :confused:

tattooujp.jpg

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Were you drunk when you got that? Lol.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

It actually says “I am a pillock!” Tough luck dude. :p

Seriously though, I hope you were drunk when you decided to get an unknown sentence of text permanently on your body. I also hope someone in here can read it for you.. it would be fun to know what it really means. :rolleyes:

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

This is REALLY funny:D

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I am meeting with a friend tomorrow who is chinese for lunch I will take a copy and ask him what the character means and get back to you.

Take Care
    Matthew

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I spoke with my friend who is Chinese born and he looked at the drawing for me.

He said that the top half of the tattoo means ‘middle’ and the bottom has no specific meaning in Chinese.
    His wife who is a musician said it could be a take on a musical note, but is most likely just an abstract art piece.

So at least it is nothing offensive.

Take Care
    Matthew

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

yeah, your lucky mate
    a guy in my town got a tattoo which supposed to mean love or something
    after a visit in china he wanted to kill the artist lol
    the symbol he tattooed on himself meant “dumbass” lol

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87
    Quote:
    He said that the top half of the tattoo means ‘middle’ and the bottom has no specific meaning in Chinese.
    His wife who is a musician said it could be a take on a musical note, but is most likely just an abstract art piece.

i wouldn’t say the WHOLE top half means middle.. only the rectangle with the verticle line through it means middle.. the horizontal line shouldn’t be connected to it to mean ‘middle’

My parents are coming over on Monday and they can read traditional chinese.. I’ll ask them if you like.. it could be written in traditional chinese (doubt it though.. looks too simple) rather than the simplified one and therefore not everyone can read it.. traditional chinese is way more artistic & different

Although, I would say that it doesn’t mean anything at all.. cause I don’t even recognize the strokes used for the bottom one

SmokeJaguar
    Participant
    @smokejaguar

Hey there,

I just got back from Shanghai studying Chinese for 6 months! That appears to be the traditional Chinese character for expensive/valuable. The pinyin (pronounciation) is gui. It is definitely traditional. The traditional (as pictured) is this: è²´, whereas the simplified version is è´µ

I’ve only seen it used for goods and in a retail sense. I don’t think you can use it to say something else like a person is “valuable”.

I hope this helps

Nick

CustomInk
    @

Hey,

I’m a professional tattoo artist and I think i can help you. I’m new to this forum but i have plenty of tattoo experience. I think that the only surefire way to find out what your tattoo means is to have it translated by a pro. I’ve used this girl many times in my own tattooing business and she is great!

http://3a27ejzn-gymrfj3-3q3dodp3i.hop.clickbank.net

She charges a fee, but at least you’ll know exactly where you stand…and if it’s wrong, don’t fret…it can always be fixed, covered, etc. Hope this helps!

Joe

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

After my expansive travels and travails in the heart of the darkest Orient, I feel confident in pronnouncing the meaning behind your tattoo is “I am a complete fucking moron. Pray the shimgami take me before I reproduce”.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

LOL so there is your answer 😮

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Damn

I thought you were dead KH what the fuck will it cost me to keep you down??

lol

WB dude I missed you on these boards!

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Sherav;45783 wrote:
    Damn

I thought you were dead KH what the fuck will it cost me to keep you down??

Funny, my ex wife just said the same thing the other day. Perhaps if you two pooled resources?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

ok so here ya go……

it looks like they did the stencil and forgot to revers it on you….. i think it is supposed to be the kanji symbol for respect, check out the image i added for you…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.