putoutdafire
    Participant
    @putoutdafire

Me and my brother want to get matching tattoos before he goes away to school, we are close brothers who are just a year apart. We have played sports together all of our lives and are now both volenteer firemen. We want it to be something brotherly but not stupid. Something that says we have each others backs or something to that effects. He is going into the army so I was to have something. Plus its his going away present. We kind of have to get it soon so any ideas would be great.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

as a moderator i should have more manners but all i can say is…..

why the fuck are people coming on here wanting a design or ideas from our great members, but they dont have enough manners to even write an introduction before starting to ask for things….. it is starting to really piss me off now… 😡

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Yes I know what you mean Outlaw but…

There are thousands of ideas but what you have to decide on are the basics before you even consider the design.

Size – How big are you going to go?

Black n Shade or Colour?

Style – Old school, portrait, biomech, fantasy, portrait, tribal etc

What is it that you both have in your relationship that can be put into a sentence or picture?

Once you have that (and an intro 😉 ) I am sure you will get plenty of help.

Take Care
    Matthew

putoutdafire
    Participant
    @putoutdafire

I am very sorry outlaw i thought that was more of like an option i am very sorry. and as soon as i saw that i wrote an introduction. also matthew that is the problem i do not even know where to start i want something not huge but not tiny. As well as we are both in the fire dept. and wanted to have something to the effect that we always have eachothers back. thank you for your help so much.

JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

you could do the ole fire hatchets crossed, that would make sence being you and your brother getting it :} maybe incoporate that into your own design someplace. 🙂

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

If you are thinking of color work, you could try this idea. Have a small water spiggot coming out of your arm, or back wherever you plan to get it (looking like it is mounted right in your skin.) with a simple water glass underneath. The glass of water will have water in the upper portion of the glass, while the lower portion will be blood. The Spiggot will have a drop of blood dripping out of it. The idea behind this pattern is that blood is thicker than water. This is an exspression that my brother and I have had for quite some time. I know we didn’t create the phrase, but it has stuck with us.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Do you have a family motto or quote you both enjoy?
    Do you have any shared religious values that you can incorporate into a devotional piece?

Two of my friends (who are twin brothers) had guardian angels done with their family motto across a shield held by the angel.

If you want something small I would suggest that you find a symbol – the celtic straight arrow can mean brotherhood but not necessarily blood bond more of a shared bond. Also means virility and strength.

Take care
    Matthew

putoutdafire
    Participant
    @putoutdafire

thanks for the help everyone decided to go with the gaelic word for brother “deartháir” on our tricepts thanks for the help again. Will post picture when gotten.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.