Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

Hi there,

I am looking to change artists half way through a tattoo, I was curious if there is a rule, general idea that another artist will finish work started by another artist? I wasn’t really thrilled with the job or treatment by the artist I started with…or am I going to be shit out of luck here….

Regards Darren

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

It’s fine to change artists, unless the one who’s working on you now is actually a Hell’s Angel trying to start up his tattooing career, and threatened to break your legs if you went to another tattooist 😉

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

now there is a though I could do without lol thanks just hope the guy I want to go to doesnt have an issue he is brilliant…

Thanks

regards Duzzy

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Hey, I’m from Victoria too, I’ve got a damn good artist near my area, but it would be like a 4-5 hour drive for you

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

you got any examples up? will go anywhere for a permanent body item lol what part of Vic?

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

The artist is in Bendigo, I think the longest he does is 4 hr sittings (he’s got a bunch of clients who come from Darwin haha). He opened a new shop recently and is raking in the business. His favourite stuff to do is freehand japanese-style things. I’m at stage 2 out of 3 on my chest, I’ll take a picture of it now. It’s only font, but I’ve got another picture of something he did on my mate’s leg. I’ll post the pictures up in a moment.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

On my chest (unfinished)

DSC00228.jpg

On my mate’s leg (unfinished)

DSC00134.jpg

The photos aren’t great, I know.

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

He does good stuff, oh and bet the chest piece felt good…

Oh also Ballarat is an hour from Bendigo, how booked is he?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

have you decided on what you want doing next Darren ?

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

still tossing ideas around but i would say a religious symbol (cross) on the ball of the shoulder, inside wrist a dummy (baby pacifier u may call them) and fine filigree to finish it, nothing harsh aster all its for a baby if that makes sense but still tossing a few things about. I cant find anywhere to reference filigree styles. The one thing i am certain about is the arm will be completed in black and grey

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

we call them dummy’s here in the uk 😉

i seen a solid full size gold one here in nottingham which has really fancy detail on it. would make a cool tattoo

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

The chest wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Umm, not too sure how booked he is, I can give you the shop number and you can see. He’s a really nice bloke though, which I think is important in a tattooist. Really down to earth and easy to get along with.

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

thanks that would be great….

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

54443444, his name is Mark

tygerliz
    Participant
    @tygerliz
    Joker1;47122 wrote:
    It’s fine to change artists, unless the one who’s working on you now is actually a Hell’s Angel trying to start up his tattooing career, and threatened to break your legs if you went to another tattooist 😉

you laugh, i had a Hells Angel, who just got out of prision do my first tattoo.. thank God i didnt tell him i wanted to be a cop once i was done highschool.. and screw my ex for not telling me that little fact about the tattooer until after we left.

turns out every guy in that shop was one too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.