RaiseYourVoice
    Participant
    @raiseyourvoice

Okay, I have a question. I am wanting to get a tattoo, which is known to be a tattoo that had been done in Bangkok. I have attempted to get a hold of the artist who originally created, or rather tattooed the design. I do now know if it was a design created by himself though. Anyway, I wanted to contact him to get permission to have the design recreated by another artist in order to have it as a tattoo myself. So, my question is, do other countries/artists take offense at other artists for recreating their work. Like for an example, someone in Bangkok, an artist, getting upset that another artist, here in America, redid their artwork? I believe in being respectful. The tattoo I want is of a tiger. I want to add khmer script around the tiger. Thanks!

xander
    Participant
    @xander

well how would they know? if they are in another country they are not likely to see your Tattoo
    you’re probably right it will be polite to ask permission to copy it or recreate it
    I’m sure every picture of a Tattoo on the Internet has been copied countless times without the artist’s permission.

skotay
    Participant
    @skotay

no offence but wouldnt you like your tattoo to be original, i would speak with the artist you are wanting to work with and maybe change or add to the tattoo then technically it wouldnt be copying it owuld just be using the concept.

but if you are set on this design im guessing the artist wouldn’t be offended but more proud that his work is to the standard that other people want to re-create it.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i would think its more the person who has the tattoo would will not want it being copied .
    you could always have yours slightly different and then no one is offended .

RaiseYourVoice
    Participant
    @raiseyourvoice

As I stated, yes, the image will be altered slightly to my preference. I want to add sanskrit scripture around the tiger, and in the breast area of the tiger. I’ve actually taken the image I have to a tattoo artist and was outright told that there are better tribal tiger images on the net. I agree, that there are. But the particular image I love, is the old tribal tiger. Its not all fancy. Its just like an antique drawing to me. And I’ve spent hours searching online for an image I might possibly like better. But for years, its always been the one picture that I love.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If it is the one you love and you are adding to it then it becomes a unique tattoo. Art inspires art and people only get annoyed when somebody rips off their custom piece with an identical version.

In this case you are not doing that so I would not worry about it.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.