barbossa3127
    @

Howdy,

newbie here. i’m looking to get my 3rd tattoo in the next couple of months, and this one will be the most meaningful to me as it will be a memorial to my son. i’ve always liked the koi style tattoos and i’m having a hard time deciding . i’ve narrowed it down to the koi style since one of my other tattoos is oriental in nature.

my biggest decision is where to get it at on my body. my other two are on my back between my spine and each shoulder blade. i’m thinking of either getting the koi piece on my arm going from the top of my shoulder down about halfway before my elbow and covering most of the width of my arm. my other idea is to cover up my smallest tattoo which is about 2″ by 2″ (my first one….haha) and having the koi wrap around from shoulder blade onto my shoulder. of course i’d end up having some water and i was thinking a couple of bamboo stalks in the background and possibly a lily or two. finally, i was going to get my sons name added to the piece in japanese lettering.

i would appreciate any opinions on colors, locations on my body, opinions on koi tattoos in general and anything else that you can think of. keep in mind, that i’m not the biggest guy in the world, so i’m not sure out taking up 1/3 an arm would look. thanks in advance to anyone that replies. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

koi’s actually make good cover up tattoo’s so if you are unhappy with your 1st tattoo i think i would place it there .

richiex
    Participant
    @richiex

Hi,

Have you thought of having the koi where you have a chest plate and a half sleeve as you’ve already mentioned? You would have a definitive outline with the design of the koi/water etc within this?

I have a black and grey Japanese dragon within this on my left chest and I’m getting a black and grey koi on the right to match up.

You can go onto Google images and you’ll find lots of koi pics. I think they look great with loads of colour….I like the orange/black/white………..even though I’m just going for black and grey!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Koi make excellent tattoos – I love them and never get bored with looking at them.

As Tana stated they make excellent cover ups and the great thing about them is they are so easy to build upon.

For example if you started the koi on your upper chest and wrapping over your shoulder you could have the lillies and bamboo floating on a river that extends across the chest back and even down the arm.

Or you could have the koi done on the back and have the lillies and water scene extend from the backshoulder down onto the bicep of your arm and it will flow nicely.

The main thing is to get it measured up so it suits your build.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.