Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Hey folks, from what I can tell, this product hasn’t been FDA approved in the USA yet. I was wondering if any of you artists in the UK have used this, or seen it used? If it works, it would be nice to see about pushing it on the FDA to get approval in the states.

link removed

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Its not one i have ever heard of before.
    I know of people have had luck lightening a tattoo with creams before but i think laser is the only real way of removing them

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Those creams would have to penetrate really deep into the skin, and more than likely cause some damage along the way.. I can’t imagine anything that’s strong enough to dissolve ink, could be healthy applied on your skin :S

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have seen it used (I am not an artist) and no I wouldn’t push for it to be used by people unless they are really sure that they want to run the risks of this stuff.

All tattoo removal runs the risk of scarring – we all know this.

These creams not only run the risk of scarring but also leave the skin looking bleached so that it runs a risk of always being lighter than the rest of the body.

I know they have a fairly high success rate but still not high enough for me at the moment.
    The cream can lighten a tattoo most definitely and in many remove totally.

However I have seen blistering, blemishes and discolouration of the skin as well so it is not 100%.

Take Care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i have an ex work mate that wanted a tribal armband removed, he priced it up for laser removal but was horrified with the quote he got…. he than baught some wrecking balm from over the internet….. lets just say that it is now aprox 12 months since he started using it, the tattoo is certainly wrecked and his skin has gone weird looking… its a cross between mickeal jacsons face and nicky lauders right ear…. i wouldnt recommend this aproach to tattoo removal to anybody…. and i would like to say that i dont know of any tattoo artists that have done any rework on an area that has been disfigured by this stuff.

i refused to rework the area where the armband was. 😉

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

This is not simply a cream according to the site that was in the link. (sorry about the live link by the way) This product is suppose to be used with a a tattoo machine and actuallyapplied the same as ink. A brief description of what they claim the process is, everyone knows that when ink is applied into your skin, it stays in the liquid form. This product is suppose to be injected into your skin with a tattoo machine basically by re-going over the tattoo. This product then will bond to the ink, and solidify it. Once solidified, your body will supposedly reject the solid ink, and push it to the surface, and scab up, and finally fall off. They state that it may take a few procedures to completely remove. So, it is in no way like wrecking balm. I am not pushing this product at all, as I haven’t used it, nor have I found anyone that has, but if it is safe, it may be a cheaper alternative to laser, and can help people remove ink that they may have had some inexperienced person put on them. I am just thinking of the potential if this is a safe and effective product.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I see your point, ive heard of tattooists tattoing hydrogen peroxide into the skin to lighten a tattoo, something i would never do, i have a friend having lazer removal at the moment, but here its only $30 per treatment so well affordable. But extremely painful, i’d be interested to see trials and if this stuff gets approved as a tattoo removal procedure.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

To verify my post was to do with the stuff that they inject into the skin.

It is betetr than a rub on cream – which is why many can be removed (unlike the rub on creams these just lighten)

That said there are still risks of scarring and bleaching.

Take Care
    Matthew

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Thanks Sherav. With the references to Wrecking Balm in other posts, I wasn’t sure if it was understood how E-raze was suppose to work. I appreciate everyones replies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.