Dnectrum
    @

Ok, So This will be my first tattoo. I am confident on the placement but interested in the cost. Now I know all artists prices vary from piece to piece but I am hoping that someone may have gotten something similiar and can breathe insight into my situation.

http://www.eviltattoo.com/flag20.html

I am not going to copy this tattoo exactly, but size and placement are nice and the idea and design is what I am looking in to.

If anyone has anything they can offer, That would be awesome.

The tattoo is the chest piece [Flag]

Rapidoh
    Participant
    @rapidoh

The page wouldn’t load for me so not really much help there. I’d say the best bet would just pop into the place where you’d like to get the tattoo done and print off the picture you want and just ask them roughly how much it would cost depending on the size and if you want colour or not, and all the other things.

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Research some of your local tattoo shops, and find the best one && go there.

And you shouldn’t job by how cheap you can get a tattoo, because cheap pieces from from cheap artists. && I’m not saying that the best artists charge $1000 an hour for their work, but anyone on these forums who know a thing or two about the tattoo culture will agree.

You should just go around to a few shops and check out portfolios, and ask to see if they’ve done american flags and/or eagles. And go from there.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

As a guestimate I would suggest saving around $600 or so for a piece that big.

If you click on my sig I have written a chapter on decisions to be taken before tattooing that may help you many of the common pitfalls of the first tattoo.

It also shows you what to look for in a studio and artist.

Take Care
    Matthew

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

find out from the artists you are interested in what they charge per hour and have them give an estimate. they should be able to give you a rough idea of how many hours it will take them. you could always scale down the piece if price is an issue.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

what country are you in ? my artist is 50 pounds an hour but she got alot done.
    you would more than likely not be able to get it all done in one sitting anyways so you could start it without having all the cash up front anyways 😉

Mad Scientist
    Participant
    @mad-scientist

my artists each cost around 60 an hour, some work quicker than others though and if they draw the design freehand instead of stencilled it takes longer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.