trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

hey all
    what does the koi fish repesent?
    does it matter what driection the koi is swimming?

Terg
    Participant
    @terg
    BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Terg; that was toooo funny.

Do you mind if I ask how your did that?

trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

yea kinda funny. 😀

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I don’t think it matters what direction. I googled some koi images and see them going in several directions. Best to find a pic you like and take it to your tattoo artist. I think they look best swimming downward but really it’s your personal preference.

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

In traditional japanese tattoos the direction of w/e you are getting done and the elements colors around it etc etc are somewhat important. I’m not sure for the koi the but if you go to a tattoo artist who is experienced with japanese tattoos (especially one who travels to japan to study under an artist there) they can easily help you out with any of your questions.

BIKERinBLACK77 to do that all you have to do is go to http://www.lmgtfy.com (let me google that for you) and type in the search and it’ll give you a link to give someone. It’s great for those naggy friends who ask really simple questions a lot.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

very clever.

To answer the original question

According to Japanese legend, if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it would be transformed into a dragon. Based on that legend, it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement.
    More generally, the Japanese associate koi (also known as carp) with perseverance in adversity and strength of purpose. Because of its strength and determination to overcome obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals.”

Nicked from wiki answers. Please see original post here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.