BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Just wondering how people pay for the ink they have. I see people who have dual sleeves, sick chest pieces and stuff and just wonder how they afford it.

-I only pay with the money I save from piercing people and my jewlery sales.
    -The artists in the shop I pierce at cut me a break on prices.

So ow do you pay for your ink?

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

i save!
    my mate who has sleeves and chest done, lives at home and works most days so he has little expenses.
    where as i need to save for months at a time.

wak
    Participant
    @wak

I really often wonder the same thing!

I’ve spent thousands on my ink over almost ten years… but sometimes I see 18 year-olds (not to start an age rant – some of them are amazing!) with full sleeves and chest etc. and wonder how they can afford it.

I just save up (it usually takes me so long to get my design right (designed myself) that a year has gone by and I’ve got some cash saved up). I also know quite a few artists now and I get a bit of a discount.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I can tell you how the 18 year olds afford it Wak man–the same way *I* did at that age. Working a full time job for spending cash, but still living at home and thus having no expenses save for those related to your car.

Now a days, I am usually only able to get tattoos at tax refund time.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

methadonepretty
    Participant
    @methadonepretty
    BIKERinBLACK77;42654 wrote:
    Just wondering how people pay for the ink they have. I see people who have dual sleeves, sick chest pieces and stuff and just wonder how they afford it.

-I only pay with the money I save from piercing people and my jewlery sales.
    -The artists in the shop I pierce at cut me a break on prices.

So ow do you pay for your ink?

Student loans. Who needs books? 😛 (I’m obviously not going to be too happy about this when it comes to actually having to pay it all back :rolleyes: ).. Although to be fair I don’t have anything as dramatic as the things you have mentioned, so I’m probably not spending the kind of money you are thinking of. Although I am quite addicted to anchor piercings which can work out expensive.

samiam
    Participant
    @samiam

Anytime I want new ink I have to save for a few months. Bills gotta come first…so I decide I want to get a tattoo I start saving up some money and usually by the time i have enough saved up i know what I want and so I guess it works out.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

I have been getting tattooed for well over 20 years

A piece here a piece there – it all adds up! 🙂

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

For me I just used to sell organs on the black market. 😀
    Seriously though like everybody else I just saved up and got the pieces done once I had the cash.
    I spent 7 years saving up the 2 grand for my backpiece before my damn medical problems kicked in.

My argument is I don’t smoke and not a big drinker and those 2 alone can cost thousands over the course of a year or 2 and ink lasts forever.

Take Care
    Matthew

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

Well I did think about selling my body but they only offered me a fiver for scrap!

Instead I save up, a bit here and a bit there, till i have enough, I haven’t actually had any really ‘through the ceiling’ expensive ones though. My brothers backpeice took ages to do, just having a bit done at a time, he traded for his I believe, he is a french polisher so he did some jobs and got paid in ink!

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles
    methadonepretty;42682 wrote:
    Student loans. Who needs books? 😛 (I’m obviously not going to be too happy about this when it comes to actually having to pay it all back :rolleyes: ).. Although to be fair I don’t have anything as dramatic as the things you have mentioned, so I’m probably not spending the kind of money you are thinking of. Although I am quite addicted to anchor piercings which can work out expensive.

I thought this when I booked my tattoo. Then I spent my student loan and whatnot before my tattoo actually got started. I actually had to work and save some of my wages. Which was upsetting.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Yeah, because it sucks having to spend you school money on school expenses.

As for selling your body, I tried, but I got laughed out of that lady’s retirement home!

Love. Peace. Metallica

nikdeezy
    Participant
    @nikdeezy

i find it extremely hard to find money for any ink between car audio, supplements, bills, and gas. so i have yet to get anymore except for my first 2.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i do my own…mwhahaha

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    KnightHawk;42740 wrote:
    Yeah, because it sucks having to spend you school money on school expenses.

As for selling your body, I tried, but I got laughed out of that lady’s retirement home!

Love. Peace. Metallica

eeeeewwww……that brings terrible images to my mind:eek:

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

I have a jar of change lol. Plus I’m trying to put $5 out of each paycheck in the jar too. More than likely if my car is not trying to blow up, I’ll use some of my tax money to get my next one. Hopefully.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.