Jooz
    Participant
    @jooz

Hey Everyone,

So I just got my first tattoo yesterday so I’m a beginner at all this. I got a star fish and I am wondering if I am just being very picky or if there is something wrong with the tattoo. I ddin’t want it to be completely symmetrical because what real star fish are, but I feel like the top left arm of the starfish is messed up? Please let me know if you agree or disagree, and if you agree, any ideas of what I could do to fix it? MUUUCH appreciated 🙂

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

info on how to add images here. http://www.thetattooforum.com/uploading-and-posting-images-101-t10056.html

or just click to your profile and add an album

Would be a lot easier to provide some advice if we can see whats going on.

Jooz
    Participant
    @jooz

Thanks! 🙂

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

First off it is a very nice tattoo and I think it is very unique.

I cannot see anything wrong with it (as in a bad tattoo sense) if I was to tinker with it – which I did my own I would do the following;

Bolden the outline just a little bit to add a greater thickness. There is just the faintest of wobbles in the line but nothing major.

Add maybe a bit more shadow shading off the legs.

However these are purely personal suggestions there is nothing wrong with the tattoo and should wear it with pride.

Take Care
    Matthew

Jooz
    Participant
    @jooz

Thank you!! I think I’m getting used to it more and more, and I’m gonna see how I feel about it after a few weeks, and if i’m still not sure I was thinking about taking your advice on thickening the outline, and maybe curving the part where the left top arm meets the body/bottom arm so its a little more curved as opposed to like a V.. kinda hard to explain. But thanks sooo much for your honest opinion 🙂

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I don’t see anything wrong with it either. I think it’s natural to doubt things at first because it’s new.

wak
    Participant
    @wak

Don’t worry. It looks fine. I agree a thicker outline could be a nice change – but only if you want to go back and touch it up. I thinks it works in it’s current form.

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.