pacman1234
    @

I am a male, 5’10, 180lbs with a medium build…i have muscle on my body but that much. i do have some body fat. I want to get a tattoo on my left side of my body on my ribcage going vertical under my arm. i was wondering if i got it there and i lost some weight would it affect the tattoo in any way. its nothing fancy im just getting it of my last name.

someone help please

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

Generally weight loss and gain won’t effect a tattoo as long as it’s not in any form of extreme time period. Rapid loss or gain can cause the skin not the adjust properly but slow/steady loss/gain shouldn’t effect a tattoo.

*edit*

Quote:
    Will weight gain or loss affect my tattoo?
    Any tattoo can be affected by changes in size of the body, but the good news is that it’s usually not that noticeable. Tattoos can be very forgiving, and if the weight gain or loss occurs slowly enough, this gives your tattoo time to “adjust”. Imagine a balloon with a logo on it – I’m sure you’ve seen them. The logo appears essentially the same when the balloon is full as it is when it’s deflated, with maybe a slight difference in depth of color. Your skin will usually not undergo as much size change as a balloon, so the changes in your tattoo should be even less visible. Your skin is very elastic and stretches and contracts without much incidence, in most cases.
    jgensur
    Participant
    @jgensur

Ya as long as your not losing too much weight, more than 30-40lbs it shouldnt affect it.

Aranelvanya
    Participant
    @aranelvanya

A friend of mine had two tattoos on her stomach. There’s pictures of her with her big 9 month baby belly and the tattoos were stretched way out, but as soon as she had her baby they went back to normal and look great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.