jalipur123
    Participant
    @jalipur123

hey

im thinking of getting a phoenix tattoed on my upper arm goin back to my shoulders or something.
    gonna do it in black and grey.

but my question is. how usual is it for men to have phoenix tattoos?

is it mostly women that have them. how do u see a man when he got a phoenix done on him?

sorry if i dont write perfect english. im swedish so there might be some spelling mistakes 🙂

Shamwow
    Participant
    @shamwow

heres a shitty pic of my phoenix. it looks more like a hawk or eagle so it isnt really feminine it actually looks pretty badass 😉

DSC04744.jpg

jalipur123
    Participant
    @jalipur123

ye that looks good 🙂

didnt think of it, but ye eagle-like phoenix makes it more masculin.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have seen many phoenix tattoos on men and they look very masculine.
    The masculinity is in the artwork – they tend to be bold and sometimes aggressive poses.

I say go for it they look great as a tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

PS

Said it before shamwow but your ink deserves another thumbs up – it is great ink.

nikdeezy
    Participant
    @nikdeezy

nothing wrong with a phoenix on a guy, planning to get one myself on my thigh wrapping aroudn my calf and shin whenever i can get my funds together.

Aranelvanya
    Participant
    @aranelvanya

I’ve seen phoenix tattoos on men. They look amazing.

codeth
    Participant
    @codeth

i got one;)

tattooman911
    @

I have tattoos you’re looking for here !
    Browse the selection of tattoos! You’ll be sure to find one you’ll like!
    If you want one, be sure to make a purchase and your tattoo can be printed instantly!
    We have had A LOT of satisified customers! 😀
    Any questions, just ask!!

svetaz
    Participant
    @svetaz

Go for the phoenix, its universal symbol, i am thinking on doing
    one myself on forearm, wrapped in flames and smokes 😀

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

A lot of firefighters have them.

jalipur123
    Participant
    @jalipur123

codeth, mind showing yours?

svetaz, im goin for a similar look, want an eagle like phoenix more firey-smokey. not to fancy with the tail feathers and so.
    like u said, wrapped in smoke/fire. got a damn tribal i got when i was 18 though on the arm so its kinda in the way, hoping the artist can incorperate it somehow.
    Black and grey of course 😛

savagejon123
    Participant
    @savagejon123

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z222/SavageJon123/?action=view&current=n713461682_1943285_5015043.jpg

I got exactly what they’re describing. The phoenix can be taken in very different ways. It can be badass and also made to fit on a woman.

codeth
    Participant
    @codeth

sorry for the late reply , here are some old ones of it , i have a smoke / flame background right through it now but no camera . will post new ones soon

l_44e251e6df15ba892bbf1744926d2975.jpg

l_973bd1cf37cc839f0298379264b8c626.jpg

l_442dd9fb7f76f7588b029611b0036e82.jpg

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4

Here’s mine. It’s more of an eagle-type body, but colored more like a phoenix.

-Rev

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Since the Phoenix is a mythical creature anyway, nobody can really say THIS is how it’s supposed to look. As with all fantasy, I think the depiction is all in the minds of the creators, and for me the Phoenix is not a peacock at all. I see him as more regal, more eagle-like as people tend to explain it. And dark… I think it’s a fantastically dark creature.

My Phoenix will probably be my first really big tat, either a sleeve or a backpiece. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.