triviumisgod
    Participant
    @triviumisgod

i know everyone asks a million questions on how much a tattoo hurts, but im really curious/kinda nervous. Im getting my first tattoo in a week, and its kinda sorta big, my upper bicep. in general, how much do tattoos hurt?? and does it hurt more or less than you expected??

thanks!!! =)=)=)

Jubakuba
    Participant
    @jubakuba

It hurts A LOT less than you’d expect.

I’d describe it as…
    Run your nail over a spot on your arm as though you had a bad itch.
    Do this for about a minute.
    It’ll start to burn…just a little.

Tattoo sensation.

I actually don’t take pain very well for the most part…
    But I love the feeling of being tattooed for some reason.

Be careful.
    Really.
    You’re going to be addicted =]

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

It is nowhere near as bad as you would expect. Especially on your arm.

Now if you was getting one on your ribs that would be a different story. In general the closer to bone the skin is the higher the pain. Ribs, elbows, shins, etc are all more pain.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

your arm is one of the least painful places to have a tattoo done, you seem to be worrying far too much, its like a scratch from a kitten, yes its pain but its bareable

jgensur
    Participant
    @jgensur

Ya dont worry about it. the arm is really not painful at all. the pain is like a burning sensation which isnt all that bad. the closer to the bones u are the more it will hurt, like your elbow. Even still ive got every inch of my arm covered and it wasnt that bad at all. Now my ribs and stomach were a different story, haha. Good luck on your first tattoo

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

yes, the burn! When you under the needle and feelling the pain, just tell yourself “This time tommorrow, it will be all over”.
    I kept putting myself in the future, with my tattoos.
    My last one was 3 and a half hours on the my back and it hurt most iat the lower ribs and sacrum (pelvic girdle).

Purplestar

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If I can sit through three tattoos anybody can. The pain is a cat scratch upwards and you will be fine on the arm area.
    Have a decent meal before you start and plenty of fluids and you will be sailing through it.

Good luck and post up when done.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

everyone’s pain thresholds are different, ive had people who’ve said it was excruciating, to people who have said it tickles, to people who have actually gone to sleep on my table, if it were that bad no one would be getting tattoos. Once its done all you’ll have is a feeling like mild sunburn.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Whatever you do, don’t listen to them. They are lying.

Outlaw doesn’t actually HAVE any ink. Check out that pic of his–he’s tattooing and doesn’t have anything showing. That’s because he likes to inflict pain, but not get it.

And Izzy, oh izzy….she’s a sick freak man. Into pain. Don’t ask. New Zelanders. Entire freaking island is like a BDSM club set to the most gorgeous landscaping you ever did see.

As for Matthew….he rejoices in giving people bad advice, so he can laugh as he adds your name to his book of shattered dreams. He wants you to suffer for his own sick amusement.

Tattooing is the single most painful experience you’re likely to have in your entire life, barring only amputation of a major limb. Why do you think tattoo parlor walls are insulated with the same sound deadening materials as top notch recording studios?

To drown out the screams.

Don’t do it. Do not get inked. It huuuuuuurrrrrrrts!

Love. PEace. Metallica.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

a bit like labour wards, they are padded also…to drown out the screams as the female of the species pop a sprog out of her lady bits.

I only ever did that once, un like a tattoo….

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

mwahahahahaha:D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.