mojoMan
    @

Hi
    When I wanted to do my first tattoo I had this problem, which in my opinion is very common: I didn’t know which tattoo I should have. When I looked for designs in some studios, I haven’t found things I would like to tattoo either.
    Anyway, when I was once abroad, I found a design I really like (stingray) and tattooed it.
    But now I want to have another tattoo. I did some research, and I saw there are a few sites that offer a few thousands of high quality tattoo designs, I think it would save me all of those searches. The thing is, those sites have an entrance fee of something like 30$.
    Does anyone has experience with it? do you think its worthwhile?
    thanks

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

In my humble opinion those sites are legit and offer 1000’s of designs but they are all pretty generic meaning all been seen and done before

If you need motivation for ideas google image search or even a site like deviant art can help

Once you have a basic idea I would suggest you see a good tattoo artist and have them work a “variation of a theme” so you have some thing totally original

besides there is some art that just looks amazing on paper that never quite translates to the skin

Good luck and let us know how you go! 😀

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i would recommend http://www.targettattoo.com for designs. they are pretty cheap and have a lot of categorised designs in there.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

if you go with one of those designs i would still have your tattooist customize it a bit so it doesn’t look like someting 100 other people have.

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

Aussie pretty much said it. Always best once you get a design you like have stuff added to it by your artist to make it your own.

Marcus

jgensur
    Participant
    @jgensur

Ya just like everyone else is saying, find the design you like or is close to want you want by google searching images or other picture sites and then have the artist manipulate the image into something completely original and to your liking. Thats what i always do. For example, the dagger on my side. I printed out about 3 or 4 different pictures that i liked and told my dude that i liked one part of one picture and another part of another picture and so on and he put together something noone else will ever have. Anyway that you do it you shouldnt have to waste your money paying an entrance fee to look or print off designs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.