Tat2dBaldDude
    Participant
    @tat2dbalddude

After getting a tattoo, how long do you allow it to heal before you go unveiling it in public? (to your friends, at the bar/club, at the beach, wherever, etc)

(I personally like to add a little suspense and build up to a big unveiling, so I pretty much keep myself on house arrest for about a solid month.)

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’m pretty fussy, I keep them under wraps for a long time. The one on the nape of my neck took ages to heal, I think it was just because it’s a part that gets moved a lot. The one on my shoulder was much better, healed quicker, and I kept it covered for a long time too. I still don’t like keeping them in sunlight for too long.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I show’em as soon as the bandage comes off.

But never in the sunlight. I keep my ink out of the sun as much as humanly possible, and typically slather myself in SPC 150 when I got to go out in the sun with’em exposed.

Besides, the last time I went to the beach, some dude with a peg leg went chasing me with a freaking harpoon.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

im fussy too , i didnt show anyone my wings till it was totally finished and which sessions booked 2 weeks apart it was ages

Tat2dBaldDude
    Participant
    @tat2dbalddude

Wow, so I’m not the only one who keeps his tattoos hidden and actually makes a big deal out of “unveiling” them to everyone! Now, you guys didn’t mention specific amounts of time for keeping them hidden, so how long is it from the time they are done to the time that you “unveil” them?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i show em off straight away!:D

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I am usually healed with 7-10 days (it might be longer on my next one as I am getting older).

Showing mine off depends on where I am. If I am with family I tend to keep em covered up as cannot be fussed with the argument.

Same is said for many of my friends. Some of my friends wives have become obssessed about my arm and leg tattoos as I always refuse to show them as it is considered indecent in the Jewish religion to expose ‘bare flesh’ when you are married.

Personally I am just cruel and like to taunt them with ‘you will never know’. 😀

That said if I am out and about at the gym sauna etc I just wear them.

I do not tend to unveil until they are fully done or healed though – nothing worse than been confronted with a scabby or flaking tattoo lol 😉

Take care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I hear that man. When I got my wrist and Squid done over the course of about six months, no one wanted to come over to my desk as I was shedding all over the damn thing. And all the lotion I was using to ease the itching just made it stick to every surface there.

But, hell, anything to keep my supervisor and manager away.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

aldridge09
    Participant
    @aldridge09

i wait just about until i have to take the bandage off. i cant wait to show people. my back took like 3 weeks to heal but my side only took about a week and a half.

PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

I had my first tattoo on the 20th March 2009, but it was not fully finished… so on the 3rd April 2009 I had the tattoo finished off…

As of yet only my partner and step daughter and her chap have seen it… I showed my Daughters chap only because he too has tattoo’s…

I don’t plan on ever showing my parents as I just cannot be bothered with the arguments… or heated discussions over them… as although I am 32 I just know they will not be happy with it…

As for any one else… I have no real plans on showing it off…

I did show the part finished tat off to one of the lads at University… but there again he is almost covered in Tattoo’s… and he has only just gone 20… most of the tattoo’s are his own personal designs so he cannot wait to show off his latest tattoo…

But mine was done for personal reasons… so unless someone spots the tat and asks to see it… I don’t think I will ever show it off… as i’m not the sort of chap who likes to take his top off in public…

farmedinblood
    Participant
    @farmedinblood

As soon as its done, i just love the look of all the blood and ink mixed together lol. and besides my artist reckons its better for me to leave it un bandaged cause i dont loose colour i even hold WHITE on my white skin. iam a tattoo colour sponge.:D

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Then your artist is a fucking moron. A freshly done tattoo is an open wound, and it needs time to scab over so it doesn’t get infected. Bandaging does NOTHING to stop your skin from absorbing ink, and does everything to prevent infection.

Further more, white takes on everyone, you just can’t see it very well unless you’re one pale ass mother fucker. White does, however, fade like a bastard. If ten years down the road you still have the white I’ll be impressed.

And, again, I can’t stress this enough:

If your artist leaves you unbandaged, or wrapped or whatever immediately after tattooing you, he’s either a freaking moron or doesn’t care if your arm turns green and falls off.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

straight away :rolleyes:

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

On average it takes me 2 weeks to heal completely – however the last one I had done just above my right knee (on my thigh) healed in about 7 days or so

Some tattoos I will show the next day some tattoos (esp legs) I will wait until I am wearing shorts, some tattoos only those who really know me will ever get to see

Depends on the tattoo, the placement and the person 😉

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

For all my tats i have taken generally about 1 month to heal.

But a few days ago i got 1 of my half sleeves done and it looks like it is on path to be healed in record time so i guess it’s not always the same.

I reveal to the world the next day don’t let any clothing cover it or irritate it unless of course the sun is out that day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.