salt life
    Participant
    @salt-life

Hey everyone, I got my first tattoo last wednesday (Mar. 25)

the past 2 days the tattoo has gotten flakey and scabby, Do I pull off the flakey parts or just let be flakey?
    the tattoo artist said to use coccoa butter 3-4 times a day for 4 days then put it on when it starts to get itchy, I also wash it 2 times a day with unscented soap and water…

Is this flakeness normal? The scabby parts have like the tattoo in them, should I keep putting coccoa butter on it or just let it flake off?

Thank you for the help, first tattoo and i dont wanna get paranoid

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i never recommended cocoa butter….. erm……. wouldnt know on that one

the flaking is normal and DONT PICK any of it, i recommend either savlon or bepanthen for the first 3 or 4 days, and then use none or very low scented body lotion after that, and it should heal in aprox 10 days

if it starts to itch then give it a gentle slap…. that works 😉

salt life
    Participant
    @salt-life

Thank you outlaw for the quick response…

since I have already been using the cocoa butter should I just keep using it? after the 3-4 days, is cocoa butter still ok to put on it? or should I use another cream? and when it is flaky like this and rub cream in on it, is that bad or picking it is bad? when I rub in the cream some comes off, but I dont pick at it.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Ok……..did you read outlaws post??? DO NOT ITCH OR SCRATCH OR PICK YOUR TATTOO!!! Use bepanthen…. re-read his post again. Flaking is normal, itching is normal.

bingeinker
    Participant
    @bingeinker
    Izarrasink;38068 wrote:
    Ok……..did you read outlaws post??? DO NOT ITCH OR SCRATCH OR PICK YOUR TATTOO!!! Use bepanthen…. re-read his post again. Flaking is normal, itching is normal.

yep flaking itchy is normall like they have said never scratch it or pick it i wouldnt recomend using savlon , savlon is for cuts a tattoo isnt a cut its a tattoo so treat it that way savlon brings out the colour and also has fragrance in it use either unfragranced e45 cream or tattoo goo both for around a fiver each rub in 3-4 times daily or every 3-4- hours u shouldnt get much scabbing meaning more colour in your tattoo SAVLON BRINGS OUT COLOUR

LAP13
    Participant
    @lap13

Hi

I’m no expert (I only got my first 5 weeks ago) I was told the same as you’ve been advised (the guys on here are so knowledgable)

I was told to use either bepanthen or Bach’s rescue cream (which I opted for as it’s just plant extracts and natural) – I only had very light peeling and no itching!

😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.