PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

Hi Everyone…

As you are all aware… I had my First Last Friday (20th March 2009)…

However, one of the things that I never considered…

Is what happens if I gain or loose weight…

Ok my Tat is on the top of my Right Arm…

But I am dropping from 16.2 Stone to around 12 stone…

So I am loosing roughly 4 stone in total…

Over the past 10 weeks I have been gradually loosing weight at roughly 2 pound per week…

So I am now 14.7 stone…

How will the Tat look if I continue to loose weight…

Will it seriously effect the Tat…

I have not been 12 stone for a number of years, roughly 10 years… maybe longer…

So I don’t want the tat to look poor once I have reached my “Ideal Weight”… should I perhaps go the to gym to help maintain the look of my tat… or should I just leave it?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If the weight loss is controlled like you aredoing it wont affect the tattoo. Only massive weight loss or gain over a very short period of time can cause adverse stretching or loose skin on a tattoo.

That said big muscles never hurt so do the gym for general health.

Take Care

Matthew

PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

Thanks for that…

Only I did wounder… as I have taken measurements from different parts of my body… and I am slowly loosing the inch or so here and there…

PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

Last Night I remeasured my upper arm…

So far I have lost 1″ from the top of my arm… and other area’s of my body…

I am considering trying to tone up my body…

But untill I have lost my weight, I feel uncomfortable about going to a Gym..

So I am considering working out at home…

I have just installed a chin-up bar… and I do have a matching pair of weights given to me by a friend many years ago…

Not sure what weight they are…

Can any one recommend any exercises that will allow me to improve the muscle structure in my arms and allow me to show off my tattoo nicely…

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

Hey, Ive dropped 10 Kg is the last 3 months or so and nothing has happened to my tattoos. if you want to work out at home to get some toning and stuff i used Tai Bo and some Pilates, it has done wonders, for those flabby bits under your arms and my abs. Its fun, high energy (the Tai Bo at least) and is LOADS of fun!!

PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

At the moment i’m not worried about the tattoo, as it still looks great…

But I still have a long way to go…

At the moment I have lost 27.5 Ib or 12.5 Kg… I need to loose a total of 30 Kg or 66 Ib…

It’s when I reach my ideal weight will I start to worry about my tattoo, and general appearence…

So what I wanted to do, was to slowly tone my body… whilst still loosing weight…

That way I might get into some sort of routine…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi PB

I am not exactly in great condition but I have started back at the gym on a serious level again.

My advice is before you do anything like pull ups on your door you need to strengthen your core muscles and make sure that your spine is well protected.

This means a lot of stamina work and stretching which will strengthen all muscle groups.

For biceps and triceps my advice is to start a series of gentle curl exercises, side lifts, drop lifts and push outs.

Each set is 10 and chould be repeated between 1-5 sets according to fitness levels. I say start with 1 set and build slowly.

1. Curl lifts – Basic up and down curls – hold it for a second when bicep is tensed.

2. Both arms straight with pelvis and bend elbow upwards so you are bringing dumbell upwards along the rib area hold and release slowly.

3. Drop lift A. Kneel down on a suitable padded surface and lift the weight until raised to chest hold and return.

Drop Lift B. Place weight on floor at feet. Bend knees facing forward until squatting. Pick up weight and slowly stand with arms extended in front of you. When fully stood up lift the weight up above head – squat and return weight (harder exercise for future).

4. Push outs – Take a lightish weight and push out from chest until arms are fully extended – something light like cans of food is a good start.

The door pull should be attempted witrh sets of 10 to begin with and only after a week or 2 of weights on the arms.

Do not attempt push ups until mid-high level of fitness is achieved.

There are plenty of online exercise routines – but thing to remember is that muscle tone and gain takes a min of 6-8 weeks before you will see any difference. Also you need to rest the muscles at least 1-2 day per week to achieve growth.

Mix it up with plenty of cardio as the weights themselves will not be enough to obtain a ripped look.

Take care
    Matthew

PBimages
    Participant
    @pbimages

Thank you Matthew,

I never anticipated receiving such a detailed reply…

So thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond in such a detailed way…

ryanandrew
    @

i have lost 25lb in few months just by paying more attention on my nutrition like drinking excess water, consuming fiber in my food and running daily for some 20 minutes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.