Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

Hi all,:cool:
    I know that this is not tattoo related but this is just a quick one to make sure that you don’t live under a rock and have heard about earth hour.
    Sat the 28th March the world is protesting against global warming by switching off all electrical appliances between 8:30 PM and 9:30PM.
    To find out more and to add your name go to earth hour and sign up!
    You can also join Earthhour on Face Book and follow the process. I hope that you all do join, we can be part of something truly amazing!
    Hope to see all your names up there soon.
    Thank you
    :rolleyes:

Sketchytattoos
    Participant
    @sketchytattoos

I’m actually going to run every electric appliance in my house that hour. sorry guys:(

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

now lets see……. i shall have all my lights on plus 2 computers, amplifier, the electric chair and the power supply running….. and thats just in the studio…. some things you just cant cut back on

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I forgot lol

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Hey, I’m gonna do it. Any excuse to make my wife bored enough to sleep with me!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sketchytattoos
    Participant
    @sketchytattoos

I had so much stuff on i think i tripled my electric bill. well worth it to piss off hippies.

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh

Did it!! It’s over now!! all was good and dark at my place…my kids force me into doing it every year!!

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Sketchytattoos;37777 wrote:
    I had so much stuff on i think i tripled my electric bill. well worth it to piss off hippies.

Which makes you a dumbass.

Explain, what, exactly, is wrong with wanting to preserve the environment? Or for that matter, talking our difficulties out rather than resorting to violence, allowing adults to choose what to put into their bodies be it weed or wheatgrass, or wanting people to be free enough to chase what makes them happy?

How are these are not American values? Or, hell, just plain human values?

What, exactly, have hippies like me done to deserve your childish asshattery other than being on the wrong end of a cultural meme?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sketchytattoos
    Participant
    @sketchytattoos
    KnightHawk;37779 wrote:
    Which makes you a dumbass.

Explain, what, exactly, is wrong with wanting to preserve the environment? Or for that matter, talking our difficulties out rather than resorting to violence, allowing adults to choose what to put into their bodies be it weed or wheatgrass, or wanting people to be free enough to chase what makes them happy?

How are these are not American values? Or, hell, just plain human values?

What, exactly, have hippies like me done to deserve your childish asshattery other than being on the wrong end of a cultural meme?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Ok here we go. Preserving the environment is fine, I just have a problem with people trying to stop global worming. The main problem I have is people thinking we caused it. The earth goes through cycles, that’s a fact. We didn’t cause the ice ages and we didn’t cause the earth heating up slightly. As for talking out our difficulties, that’s great, it should always be the first choice in any situation. However, sometimes people do not want to talk things out, then defusing the situation is necessary in any situation. Adults are allowed to choose what they put in their bodies, drugs are an exception. These are illegal because of the crime that comes along with selling them. People are free enough to chase what makes them happy (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). If those where American or even human values then wouldn’t you be on the correct end of the cultural meme? Hippies in general (I don’t know you) irritate me because they say things like smoking weed are American values. Luckily America is such a great place we both get to have out own points of view.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

well over here at the bottom of the world hippies are generally people who like to live alternative lifestyles, mainly in housebuses or trucks, whether they smoke weed or do drugs is thier perogative.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hmm

I was just wondering if my stance on clubbing baby seals to death so I can make some slippers, (I tried dolphins but they squeaked too damn much when I was walking around) makes me an anti-hippy. :confused:

That said I do believe in preserving wildlife and think we should pickle Panda’s.

Ok to be serious for a second.

The issue on global warming is slightly misunderstood.

The earth does indeed go through epic cycles where at times it will get hotter and colder which can result in massive climate changes and possible extinction of species.

However what does not help is that mankind is eroding the ozone layer at an alarming rate allowing the sun to melt the ice caps.

Also with the amount of shite we pump into the air is creatng a barrier that allows the harmful UV in but does not let the carbon dioxide out as fast as it should (plus with the destruction of vegetation there is much less processing of carbon dioxide and less oxygenation).

Both of these factors may not be the cause of global warming but it will exasperate the problem.

I know everybody should do their bit but unless the developed (and developing countries) use greener methods the token turning off is just like taking a piss in the ocean – won’t do much.

Right back to my sick ways.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.