Moulder86
    Participant
    @moulder86

I wanted to get a tattoo behind my ear but someone told me that they won’t do this now. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is correct?

Thank you

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler
    Moulder86;37429 wrote:
    I wanted to get a tattoo behind my ear but someone told me that they won’t do this now. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is correct?

Thank you

I don’t know of the legality of it all but I’m pretty sure you could find someone to do it if you really wanted

Moulder86
    Participant
    @moulder86

Thanks snerkler, I’ll have to see if I can find someone….if anyone has any more info I’d appreciate it

Jrage
    Participant
    @jrage

its a cool idea, but it probably goes under that “unusual places” category where you’ve gotta find the right artist for the job, someone who has experience tattooing there. i dont see why there’d be any legality issues with it though.

Moulder86
    Participant
    @moulder86
    Jrage;37454 wrote:
    its a cool idea, but it probably goes under that “unusual places” category where you’ve gotta find the right artist for the job, someone who has experience tattooing there. i dont see why there’d be any legality issues with it though.

That’s what I thought but when I told someone I wanted it done they said I won’t be able to because of some legal issue….but I went with my ex last year to get one done in the same place. Think I might just call the same guy and ask him about it.

thank you tho.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Hmm that’s strange, never heard that one, I know lots of people who’ve had it done! You’re not in an area of the world where perhaps hand neck and head tattoos are illegal are you? Otherwise I have no idea, are you sure he wasn’t just referring to his shop not doing it, as opposed to all shops? I know some shops have various policies such as some won’t tattoo below the wrist or above the neck unless the person is otherwise covered. But I can’t see any legal reason, unless their shop was sued for something weird but I can’t think what this might be! Let us know when you find out, I’m intrigued!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I do not think it is a legal issue but more of a personal policy.
    I know several artists who refuse to do hands/face/neck as a standard operation.

My advice is do not rush into the next shop but as with any tattoo take your time in choosing an artist.

Take Care
    Matthew

carin0
    Participant
    @carin0
    Moulder86;37429 wrote:

Thank you

Its no problem at all – I JUST got a tattoo behind my ear two weeks ago and my sister is getting the same one this week. Its a kindof abstracted design of two birds sharing one wing. Well, heres a cellphone pic of it I took right after.

Heres my advice – go for it, but definitely do your research. The artist I went to was highly recommended and REALLY experienced – not only did he do an amazing job (I drew the design myself and he basically got it down perfect) but it BARELY hurt.. the one on my back actually hurt more than this did. The artist explained to me that he had a really “light hand” because he knows behind the ear can be a sensitive spot. The whole experience was great, the parlor was clean, we chatted a bunch, and the pain was suprisingly minimal.

But yea, ask around, and you’ll be good to go! Good luck!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

ive tattooed behind ears, some artist will and some wont i suppose, never heard of it being a legal issue though.

Moulder86
    Participant
    @moulder86

Well I went and got my tragus pierced today and asked there about it and the girl said no it’s not a problem but they just like to make sure I’m 100% sure about it first.

So if this is the case, I’m going to phone the guy who done my first two and see what he says. I’d rather get him to do it as I know his work but if he won’t there’s a few more I can look at just have to check their work first.

Thank you all for your replies tho, glad it’s not the case.

Moulder86
    Participant
    @moulder86

Well I went to see the guy who done my first two today and I came out with a new tattoo. He had no problems with it didn’t even try and talk me out of it like the other place. I’m really pleased I went back to him, he is a top bloke and I love his work!

Thank you all for your replies about this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.