seabeejojo
    Participant
    @seabeejojo

Im looking into getting my first ink done. The idea i had was to do the kanji for love on one shoulder and the kanji for hate on the other, kinda saying im stuck in the middle between love and hate. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated…….

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Yes I have a suggestion –

Don’t do it.

That idea is only one step away from getting it on your hands.

This sounds like one of those tattoos that would become medicore feeling at best and hated at worst years down the line.

Get yourself back to the drawing board and really put some thought into what you want – it is there for life.

If you REALLY want it I can get it translated to PDF properly in Chinese trad or modern.

But that said I am taking a few days off so will be end of next week or so.

Feel free to PM me if you want it.

Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Or to put it more succiently, this idea is twenty kinds of lame, and you’re a moron for wanting to get it. 😀

Love. Peace. Metallica.

oedozakura
    Participant
    @oedozakura

I’d agree that your tattoo is not a frivolous endeavor and it’s there for life. Think about it very carefully.

If you want a Japanese kanji (that’s very easy to pronounce phonectically and similar to Spanish ) [ love ] and [ hate ]. e.g. [ ai = love ] ( English pronunciation = eye ) and [ nikumu ] ( English pronunciation = knee-coo-moo ) then I’d recommend Japanese. If pronunciation is not an issue then Chinese ( tone-centric pronunciation ) is also good and you can chose from about (5) different styles for [ love ] between traditional and simplified Chinese, and about (7) different styles for [ hate ] between traditional and simplified Chinese. Additionally, with Japanese you can use just kanji, kanji with hiragana, just hiragana and katakana, or classical kanji. With Chinese characters you will most often use only the ideographic image(s) for [ love ] and/or [ hate ] with no syllablic elements like hirgana and katakana. I can also provide you with a PDF file suitable for copying as a tattoo, as well as [ love ] and [ hate ] hand drawn by a Japanese calligraphy master in various calligraphic styles, suitable for framing. I’m a Japanese/English tranlsator/interpreter in Tokyo with a background in Sanskrit as well — an entirely different visual aesthetic using the Siddham script. Free free to PM me at: tattootranslation@gmail.com.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Whatever happened to good old english? If you get it done, I hope you’re ready for the ‘what’s that mean?’ every time someone sees it.

seabeejojo
    Participant
    @seabeejojo

fair enough guys thanks. My other idea was to get a portrait of my daughter………..

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

find a good portrait artist and go with your second idea , it will be more worth looking at

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Portrait work of family is something you wouldn’t regret.
    There are some great artists out there and I am sure they would do your daughter justice on the tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.