JMDent87
    Participant
    @jmdent87

New to the forum, hope you guys can help me out with my next tattoo.

I’m looking to get a “new school” style half sleeve. Basically the concept is finding a positive even in dire circumstances. The design is a city street with high rise buildings on fire, some demonic, devilish creatures coming up from a hole in the road, a stormy sky…you get the idea.

The “positive” aspect of the design, is tentatively the flames from the buildings leading to a phoenix design that would go from shoulder to chest. I have a bit of hesitation before using something as common as the phoenix to represent the optimisitic element of this piece, so I’m looking for any and all ideas or suggestions. I’m looking for something that fits logically into the situation (as logical as a surreal piece can be I guess). It can be something subtle in the scene that is positive, hopeful, or something along those lines. Again, its basically devils ravaging the city.

Thanks for any help.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

you could always chuck an angel in there for the positive aspect….against the devils??

JMDent87
    Participant
    @jmdent87

Yea, I considered that one too. not sure how much room I have on my not so large arm for another focal point like that, plus angels vs. devils also begs the “too common” question. Thanks though.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

ok how bout a flying pig??:D

JMDent87
    Participant
    @jmdent87

Yea okay, I’ll get that on my body when pigs fly!

ugh I disgust myself.

GoldenKizzeh
    Participant
    @goldenkizzeh

If you want to go to basic talismans then you would have to search your mind for a memory or something that makes you feel happy and warm inside, and think what image could represent that to you and only you, Then you have a positive talisman. Thought is the most powerful and most misunderstood power in the universe.

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

Just an idea, why dont you do all the “bad stuff” in grey shading and whatever “good” you want to introduce gets done in color? Maybe a stream of color comming from one of the windows in the highrise, swirling up with the grey scale like it is trying to overcome it?
    Let us know what you decide
    ๐Ÿ™‚

JMDent87
    Participant
    @jmdent87

great suggestion, thank you!

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

*in Malibu Tattoo Barbie Voice*

No problem Sir, We aim to please!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.