American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

I hope I do this write. I dont know how to put pictures on here SOrry

Eagle-small-gif.gif

What yall think. Im Scottish and this is my family Crest. Any ideas on how to make it better or REALLY stand out

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

I really like the shadeing people have behind their tattoos but idk how that would look.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Infidel

I would recommend the following;

The outline has to be bold – no little lines where you are struggling to see what section is what. The phoenix/eagle has to really stand out.

The body of the bird has to be well detailed (again bold definition) to be seen individually and to stare right into the pupil, see the beak curve. In fact on this piece I would make the bird more life like and less styalised.

Shading – Inner have it so that the shading fleshes out the piece. Outer shading can be used to draw the ey inwards as though the crest is emerging from clouds or smoke.

Shield – again bold outline maybe with some colour to differentiate it from the body of the bird. I would suggest a maybe a more traditional kite shield or more decor on that shape. A fancy border of laurels or roses or antlers etc. if you want it exact I would suggest a thicker outline so it steps out from the tattoo.

Colouring – Depends on your taste – personally a totally red crest may detract from the overall effect. I would suggest maybe doing it bacl and shade then adding touches of colour that emphasise different parts of the body.

Also at the bottom maybe add a banner with your motto.

Gonna be a great tat!

Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.