Kazska
    Participant
    @kazska

Hello everyone! I’m new to Tattoo forum and need some advice…

I got my first tattoo last sunday, It scabbed over fine but the last couple of days its started to peel alot. I know this is natural but every other website I’ve read says it should take about 5 days to peel and mines only taken 3….. maybe I’m being over cautious but I just wanna be sure its ok. Also, my tattoo is on my abdomen, my shirts tend to rub it and cause it to flake, I wasn’t sure whether to cover it in cling film as the last time I did that it went all gooey and alot of sites tell you to let it breath….. I’m not picking/ scratching and I regularly moisturise it.

I have been in touch with my artist and she said I’m doing all the right things but I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks for any advice you can give ๐Ÿ™‚

Kazska xxxXXX

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

The healing time of a tattoo depends on the person it’s tattoo’d on. It seems like you’re doing all the right things and that you shouldnt worry x

Kazska
    Participant
    @kazska

Thanks, thats put me a bit more at ease ๐Ÿ™‚

x

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

how does it look?

if it looks great and feels fine then you must just heal quickly compared to others.

Some people have reported not scabbing at all when using bepanthen

Kazska
    Participant
    @kazska

I haven’t use any ointment, I wasn’t told to. I’ve just moisturized it alot….. yeah it looks fine! The scabby bits that are left have gone yellow and hanging off a bit, whenever I moisturize it bits come of really easily so I’m gessing that means its comming off naturally and not being forced. I wipe it really carefully so it can’t be that I’m rubbing it too hard…… very itchy at the moment aswell but I’m guessing thats a good thing.

x

inksunshine
    Participant
    @inksunshine

I have always got realy big tats and spent lots of time going threw many different stages. If you can cover it when you sleep then thats good. Mostle you do want it to get lots of air but if your going down town then you will want to cover it alittle cause your shirt will rub and you dont want that. When your sitting around your house let it breath. Sometimes when people get tats they don’t realize that it is a life change and you sometimes have to change your habbits just to let your tat heal just right. For 3 months i had to change the clothes i wore and how i slept and also didn’t have as much sex cause i didn’t want to rub on my tat at all. I spent $3,300 on one of my sleeves and boy my hubby was gettin grouchy but it was worth it in the end. So cover it if it’s going to rub, other than that yes let it get air and for sure keep it good and miost. The mioster the faster it heels. Lots of les peeling too. When i get my pics up you can see how mine is and wow the crap i went threw to keep this sucher lookin good, and lots of blow jobs too. Lmao

inksunshine
    Participant
    @inksunshine

dude i cant believe your not useing anything. I have always used emu oil.

Kazska
    Participant
    @kazska

lol, thanks for the advice…. almost all the loose skin has come off now though so its a bit late for trying to prevent that ๐Ÿ™ it looks ok but I’m still stressing about whether I’ve caused any damage to it. I wish my artist had told me bout covering it at night and when I go out…. and she didn’t even tell me bout ointment! I’m not completely ripping her though, she did an awesome job.

I’ve attached a photo of how it looks at the moment, sorry bout the picture quality.

Also… its been 6 days now since I had it done.

DSC02674.jpg

x

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

looks like its healing nicely to me , you could be right about the clothing help slightly with the rubbing, but it hasnt caused any loss of ink so it should be fine. just keep on going as you have been with the aftercare. if it does start to itch then give it a little slap to stop it.
    you obviously heal quickly..

magikstyck69
    Participant
    @magikstyck69

it looks good to me. ive never really used to much on any of mine. a very light coat of A & D and always let it breath. thats the only downside of getting tattoos, letting them breath. Like the one poster said, you need to make a complete lifestyle change for a week or so. Sleep in weird positions so your tattoos dont rub, wear short sleeves in the winter, get A & D on your clothes. its worth it though in the end. Everyone heals differently though. ive never had one scap up on me, and ive been tattooed over 100 times. Looks like its healing OK to me though. Make sure you keep putting lotion on it though, even after its done pealing.

Kazska
    Participant
    @kazska

Thanks again for all the advice ๐Ÿ™‚ I have been sleeping a bit more awkwardly than I usually would, I tried covering it in cling film last night but it just fell off.
    I’ll keep you updated on it and post a photo when its healed ๐Ÿ™‚

This is it a day after I had it done (sorry its upside down).

DSC02599.jpg

x

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

dont cover it, especially with cling film, the artist only covers it to stop any contamination when it is fresh done, once you get home and remove the dressing or cling film, washed it, pat dried it and placed a thin smear of antiseptic cream on it then it should not be covered again (unless your working in a very dirty or dusty environment) but never re-cover it with cling film as it needs to be able to breath

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.