Apes
    Participant
    @apes
    Sherav;34480 wrote:
    Hi Apes

Not a tattoo artist but from my research a few pointers to improve your office/studio. I say this even if it is for skins/fruit/practice as will get you into a good habit for if/when you get your own place or rent.

First of all no soft furnishings. The reason for this is that droplets of body fluids (saliva, blood etc) can become embedded in the chair and carpet. They also harbour dust and germs which can be invis to the naked eye.

Also these are almost impossible to sterilise – whereas replacing the floor with lino and a hard chair means that any spills can be cleaned up easily.

Autoclave/sharps bin/disposable gloves. I know space is an issue but it is highly important that you keep these on show. It shows the customer you are serious about hygiene and is a physical reminder to yourself. Also even with practice wear the gloves.

That desk simply has to go or get it covered with a disposable and sterile covering(s). Seeing something that is ink stained or has not been wiped down is not good practice. Those fingerprints reflected in the photo which are smudged contain bacteria (as you are probably aware).

I would also suggest removing the personal affects (not the books but the ornaments etc) this is because it is a work area and should be treated as such. Also it is good practice to wipe down all shelves and surfaces where you are working.

With regards to the machines – well I am not an artist, but I have seen some very expensive hand-made customs jobs and ones which have been bought off ebay. I would not be able to state the difference in handling as never used them.

The advice I had from an artist was to buy one very good outliner and one very good shader rather than wasting money on cheaper duo machines. Although like anything if you are practicing on skins then money may be tight.

Anyhow hope you take onboard some of the positive crticisms.

Matthew

Thanks Matthew and Tartainmack, I will make these improvements and show you how it looks after a do over, sorry I got the wrong idea and pissed people off with my attemps, but I think in the end with is what I was expecting and I can only learn from it.

I do understand where outlaw is coming from and the other person.
    I look down on newbies too (even though I don’t notice im doing it.) when there pushing scarps of paper or shit paintings at me. ~_~’ or attampt engine engraving… (with out heat proofed paint) or some other crap examples I can’t think of.
    Gomenasai.

Apes~

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

“I do understand where outlaw is coming from and the other person.
    I look down on newbies too (even though I don’t notice im doing it.) when there pushing scarps of paper or shit paintings at me. ~_~’ or attampt engine engraving… (with out heat proofed paint) or some other crap examples I can’t think of.”
    Gomenasai.

I dont look down on Newbies actually, i like to help people if they’re helpable, but to call us “cocks” well my deary you get NO help from me

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

How about cutting her a break and putting it down to youthful inexperience, she appears to have taken on board what has been said and the proof of the pudding will be in the next set of pictures —name calling said in the heat of the moment as a defence mechanism —well I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of that at sometime I know I have 🙂

Apes
    Participant
    @apes

Hai Hai… im a bit of an angry preggy chick right now… im sorry for blowing off that. (again)

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

I know Iza and Outlaw from other Forums and they are GOOD people, always willing to pass on help and advise from setting up Irons to the best needles and inks to use and what techniques are best for getting a particular result for those that are wanting it and have the right approach ie start with Safety and build from there.

The written word can be misinterpreted very easily on forums and things can get out of hand leading to flame wars which is why I hope this can now be put aside and a fresh start made. Chose the way you word things and think “how would I feel if I was on the receiving end of that statement” for example-you made a comment about looking down on Newbie’s —don’t think it was a case of anyone looking down on you more a case of this is what gives the business a bad name stomp on it quickly approach –Tuff Love as some would say.

Anyway wish you well both with your pregnancy and your forwarding your ambition to be a tattoo artist learning the latter will take a lot longer than the former 🙂

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

Not looking down on newbies – just a scratcher in the making.

Please stop condoning and encouraging it. Its wrong.

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    whoji;34590 wrote:
    Not looking down on newbies – just a scratcher in the making.

Please stop condoning and encouraging it. Its wrong.

Was that remark about condoning it aimed at me —? if so how does go play with yourself sound, I am entitled to my opinion same as every one else, all I see is a newbie who has gone about things the wrong way —nothing that cant be sorted or corrected

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

Sounds fine, just proven your as illeducated and unwise as the dangerous OP. But i can see by your tattoos you dont really know anything about tattooing. Very poor standard of work.
    Family man are you? What would you say if a menber of your family got some horrible infection from some idiot like this.
    Again stop encouraging the ileagal and exceptionally dangerous practice of scratching.

Then go back to get some education, you thick FUC k.

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    whoji;34599 wrote:
    Sounds fine, just proven your as illeducated and unwise as the dangerous OP. But i can see by your tattoos you dont really know anything about tattooing. Very poor standard of work.
    Family man are you? What would you say if a menber of your family got some horrible infection from some idiot like this.
    Again stop encouraging the ileagal and exceptionally dangerous practice of scratching.

Then go back to get some education, you thick FUC k.

ROFLMAO Didn’t realize you could tell the standard of a persons education by the tattoos they had what part of WIP don’t you understand. As for the other comments I at no time disagreed with what was being said just the way it was being said but don’t let that get in your way after all this subject has attracted more than 50% of your postings on here

OK lets look at this another way, not everyone can get a apprenticeship so they have to start somewhere be it a converted room, bedroom, kitchen or garden shed. Not ideal to say the least but providing they take the advise of people like Iza and Outlaw BEFORE they start on a human subject (including themselves )then maybe just maybe they will get away with it, Surely it would have been better to give the advise in a way that would be taken on board than alienate someone and they go away and carry on regardless surely it should be about education and encouragement and not discrimination because they got carried away with enthusiasm for the project of starting out in the tattoo world.

Then if after all that has been tried and if the person still doesn’t want to listen or follow the sound advise of other more experienced people then fine hang draw and quarter them and I will be at the front of the line until that happens I will continue to try and be the Colt 45

whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

Opinions are fine but by continuing to encourage you are also breaking forum rules.
    Yet another of your ilformed and illeducated choice.

Didnt judge your education by your tattoos, just your undestanding and knowledge of tattoos – read again.

Your education is judged by your response to this issue.

This you should read:

http://www.thetattooforum.com/unlicenced-tattoist-discussion

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

First of all I am against the whole concept of ‘scratching’ and I have seen the disasterous results of many DIY tattooing. I hate it, and I have many times on here warned about the use of them.

But as Tartanmack rightly stated that educating somebody about the facts and consequences of their decisions is not condoning the action.

If somebody says ‘Hey I am going to tattoo everything that moves and nothing is going to stop me’ – how the hell do you stop them if you are not physically able to restrain them?

You do so by stating the facts about hygiene, sterilisation, training and all the other matters that a person would need for them to make an informed decision. That by not following this they can put theirs and other lives at risk. I may not agree with their ideas (same to be said of neck, hands, face tattooing) but I will do my best to educate them about the issues.

I do this in the hope that sense will prevail. I know from personal experience what infected needles can do (my mother died of Aids from drug use), and I found that just by saying ‘don’t do it!’ is not enough to discourage a person from an action.

Going around calling each other ‘dumb fucks’ and ‘ignorant’, then ripping on their tattoos is just plain spiteful.

If a newbie was to look at these posts would they take your opinions seriously if they read that sort of material – the answer is unlikely.

In the example of Apes she has done the sensible thing and taken onboard where she has gone wrong and will think carefully about her next actions.

Take Care
    Matthew

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    whoji;34601 wrote:
    Opinions are fine but by continuing to encourage you are also breaking forum rules.
    Yet another of your ilformed and illeducated choice.

Didnt judge your education by your tattoos, just your undestanding and knowledge of tattoos – read again.

Your education is judge by your response to this issue.

This you should read:

http://www.thetattooforum.com/unlicenced-tattoist-discussion

My Bad I broke the rules as indeed has every one else who has responded to this post (including yourself)

“.Your education is judge by your response to this issue.”—suggest you do some spell checking before you question MY education

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

Sorry Matthew you are right

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

wow! this has all got a little out of hand, maybe this thread should have been removed by the boss straight away as we have all broken the rules

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

maybe i was wrong in jumping on apes like i did, but i would do it again if another person posted something the same or similar…. and to be quite honnest i dont care what people think of me for doing it.

i shall wait to see the next pictures before i comment any more, but i would like to see an image of this so called steriliser thats sitting behind the vasalene pots.. :p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
    • The topic ‘Photos Of My Home Studio’ is closed to new replies.