B-Rad18
    Participant
    @b-rad18

hi my name is brad and i got a tattoo down the side of my torso, from the ribs down to my hip, and i have had it for about 7 months now, and it still feels lumpy like when you first get it and its swollen. i applied the cream 2 weeks after i got it done as suggested, but it doesnt feel flat and smooth like the rest of my skin. Should i see someone about it, or is it normal?

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

Is the area raised right where the tattoo is?

Some artists have a heavy hand and their work will be slightly raised.

B-Rad18
    Participant
    @b-rad18

yes its raised on the tattoo, not around it. I have 5 symbols and none are them are flat and smooth

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

Was this your first tattoo, or your first tattoo by a different artist? If so I would say its just the artist’s heavy hand.

B-Rad18
    Participant
    @b-rad18

this was my first tattoo altogether, but my mate got one straight after me by the same artist and his isnt lumpy like mine

bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

have you got any other scars?
    you could have keloid scaring
    my daughter has the same thing with her tattoo on her back
    she had an operation and a keloid scar is the result 🙁

B-Rad18
    Participant
    @b-rad18

no i dont beleive is keloid scarring, because its not sore and itchy as some keloid scars are. i think its just the artist had a heavy hand on me, because its along my ribs and possibly was harder to tattoo along the bumps of my ribs, so she pushed harder. other than the lumpy feeling, i have no other symptoms

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i would say it is either a form of keyloid or it is a reaction to the ink by your body, its hard to really say what it is without a decent photo being posted up….

B-Rad18
    Participant
    @b-rad18

even if there was a photo posted, the lumpiness isnt visually evident, you have to feel the tattoo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.