smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

or in a very visable place???

Personally I prefer subtle ones where you have to be intimate with someone to see them.

I think its takes balls to get a very visable one though, does anyone have one?

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Not for me – I have a son to support by myself and can’t afford to write off my career chances on a selfish whim – I think people who are young and not in a stable job yet and get visible ink are pretty dumb, but it’s their business, it’s just a shame when you see some 18 year old coming out with hand and throat tattoos or whatever knowing they’ve closed so many windows on themselves before they’ve even begun. If they’re secure in life though then good for them – much braver than me! Although I imagine there are not many professions other than tattooing/very liberal design fields that’d be happy with face tats.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I think it depends on your profession, I work in an office where I wear a suit so it would be a big no no.
    I have seen some sexy neck tattoos but they are covered up with a shirt, I think covered up tattoos are just way sexier than very obvious ones. I just feel they are more special if they are a bit less visual and obvious.
    Does anyone get this??? or am I off on one ???

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

I get it, it’s just about personal taste, my tattoos are all somewhere I can hide or show at my discretion, mainly for the career reason I just mentioned, not to be sexy or because I particularly think that’s sexier, some might think facial tattoos or whatever are the sexiest thing on earth, and others may be like you, we’re all different.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I guess I have to learn to be more liberal.
    I just think subtle tattoos that are private or have meaning are the kinds of ones I would get.
    I have to be more accepting of people who have different ones for different reasons and put them in different places.
    if it wasnt an issue to do with work…. for example you were a tattoo artist, would anyone get one on their face?

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Probably not me, no – it’s very, very rare that I see a facial tattoo on a woman that I think looks ok. I would be tempted to work on hands and neck (not throat) though!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i would never get one on my face, upto now all my pieces are coverable.
    I do intend on getting my kids names on the sides of my neck, but getting them at collar height,,, so while wearing a dinner shirt they will be just covered.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

fuck no!!!!! never!!!:eek:

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

kids names I understand about that is something very personal and never going to change.
    I think its daft to get partners names though, are you gonna get it crossed out and replaced when you dump your current lover?

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    smallville_hero;34137 wrote:
    kids names I understand about that is something very personal and never going to change.
    I think its daft to get partners names though, are you gonna get it crossed out and replaced when you dump your current lover?

I have my sons name on my back, but I’d never get a partners name, visible or not. Even when I’ve been head-over-heels smitten thinking ‘he’s the one’, I’ve fortunately always retained the knowledge that even the strongest of love doesn’t always last, so it just racks me with disbelief when I see kids going out and getting their boyfriend of 6 month’s names emblazoned on them. I don’t have such a thing about husband/wives names, of course marriage often fails but divorce is probably no more expensive and painful than laser is, so you’re already signing up to a lot with that one. But I still wouldn’t do it, even if I’d been married for a few decades and going strong, I just don’t like the look of partner’s name tattoos, it’s a bit tacky in my opinion – but then some people think that about kids names, so it’s all a question of taste 🙂

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I think kids names is good and its something important to you. I already said I like tattoos that are important to the individual. My mate got his first tat on sat a phoenix its symbolising a change in his life, he lost loads of weight. So its great and symbolic. Your kids are never gonna leave and always be dear to you so I like their names as tattoos.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

i agree partners names are a bit tacky.

Kevincent
    Participant
    @kevincent

maybe a tattoo tear, reminds me of a sad clown lol
    the game got a star and la on his face he covered up a butterfly under his eye
    and then ya got mike tyson with the tribal all over his face

i almost got one on my neck last night but it ended up on my leg instead of my neck, said it wouldnt work

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    Kevincent;34148 wrote:
    maybe a tattoo tear, reminds me of a sad clown lol

Are you serious? Do you know what they mean? Brilliant idea if you want to be branded a murderer for the rest of your life!

Kevincent
    Participant
    @kevincent
    Azure;34149 wrote:
    Are you serious? Do you know what they mean? Brilliant idea if you want to be branded a murderer for the rest of your life!

yeah thats true it is for that too i didnt think about that thanks for reminding me, i dont wanna be that gangsta lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.