meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

ok so my boyfriend wants this tat,( i dont know how to load it to this post, but its in my album). he wants the flags and the shamrock but not the banner on top or bottam, we took it to a guy and hes priced it at 80. shane<-boyfriend, wants it on his right arm im thinking 5 by 4 or bigger maybe. is this a good price for it?

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Do you mean 5 by 4 inches or cm?

Dollars are about double British pounds sterling in value aren’t they? (or at least before all this economic shit!).

I guess my answer might not be too relevant as perhaps the going rates for tattoos are different across the pond, but I paid £40 (equiv. to around $80?) the other day for a tattoo that is smaller than 5x4cm and black only – so even if you were talking about cm I would say that price sounds reasonable, but if you mean inches then that’s an amazing price, I’d actually be suspicious that it might be too cheap (unless tattoos tend to be cheaper in America than here!).

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx
    Azure;33823 wrote:
    Do you mean 5 by 4 inches or cm?

Dollars are about double British pounds sterling in value aren’t they? (or at least before all this economic shit!).

I guess my answer might not be too relevant as perhaps the going rates for tattoos are different across the pond, but I paid £40 (equiv. to around $80?) the other day for a tattoo that is smaller than 5x4cm and black only – so even if you were talking about cm I would say that price sounds reasonable, but if you mean inches then that’s an amazing price, I’d actually be suspicious that it might be too cheap (unless tattoos tend to be cheaper in America than here!).

he said inches and we know the guy he dose it on the side out of his house so he keeps all cash he gets. he works at a shop and then on his days off he dose it for him. my family has keeped him busy to say the least..lol thank you so much..

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

well at the minute the pound and the dollar are almost equal…. the going rate in my area is £60 to £75 per hour, and that piece is about an hours work without the top n bottom banners….

you say that the artist doing it is working from home, and so its all cash in the hand……
    basically he is ripping you off…..
    He has no overheads at home, i wont break it down into how much materials used will be on average, but lets just say i would not pay more than $45 if i was you… his is obviously only in it for the money, people like that really piss me off.

but to be honnest with you, if your family have had lots of work done then you should be familiar with his prices etc…….. so why ask on this piece ?

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

well i have only had 2 done by him its my brother that has keeped him busy and i didnt want to sound crazy asking him so i thought id ask on here. thank you for ur input. he seems to be passionate about his work.. i got mine as a gift from my brother so i dont know what he payed for them. im still trying to get them uploaded on here but like i said befor this conputer has a mind of its own sometimes. thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.