smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

Ok,
    I am new here but kinda have always wanted to get a tattoo.
    I am a big gayer and dont apologise for that but I have wanted to get a metatron cube for quite some time.
    It is a symbol that combines mathematics (science) and spirituality, so means a lot to me.
    I am shit scared though. What if I cant handle the pain and more importantly what if it looks like shit?
    My mate was going to paint me a cube but said it was too hard.
    I do think though that musclar men with tattoos look hot and my mate gets more attention fom having several.
    Did anyone else feel apprehension about their first??
    Am I just being a total wuss???
    I am going with a friend to a shop on sat and he is bricking it so just getting advice.
    I kinda want one but am worried. My mate got the japanese symbol for angel on his shoulder and it looks like shit.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I would post a pic of what I wanted if I knew how

aquaned
    Participant
    @aquaned

I this what you want?
    geomsag04_01.gif

or do you want it filled in? This would make a great tattoo. My first tat hurt like hell then but it was on my upper back right on my spine and I think the guy was really heavy handed, my second one is on my shoulder and was not at all painful and healed very quickly. I think the pain factor has three variables – location of the tattoo, the closer the skin surface is to bone the more it hurts, coverage – a dense tattto will hurt more then just lines and the artists skill. Ask around to find a good gentle one. I’ve noticed that tattoo artist don’t like to dis each other so ask other patrons instead.

By the way some pain is part of the process – if makes the tat special.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

yeah spot on something like this, dunno whether to get an outline or one filled in, there are some amazing variations of the metatron cube. I did have a friend back home who could recommend some good people but moved to london recently so dont know how to find a good artist to do it.
    Plus I am a little wussy about the pain and it looking crap. Or should I just get over it???
    We are going to a shop on saturday

aquaned
    Participant
    @aquaned

Maybe start with the outline – see how you like it and think about having if filled in later.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

thats a good idea. dont suppose you might know how long it could take please??? guessing 4 hours??

aquaned
    Participant
    @aquaned

I think it depends on how big you want it. The fish on my shoulder took about an hour. In my album you can see the butterfly on my back that took about two hours.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

Thats the thing as well I dont really know where I would have it?

aquaned
    Participant
    @aquaned
    smallville_hero;33421 wrote:
    Thats the thing as well I dont really know where I would have it?

I spent months talking to people, playing with different designs and checking out different studios before I made the plunge with both of my tattoos. I would say you just aren’t ready yet. Do you have access to Photoshop? With photoshop you can play around with a picture of yourself and slapping an image in different places. It’s very helpful when you can’t quite make up your mind. Getting a tattoo is something that should not be rushed. Hold off until you feel completely confident about your decision.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

I agree with the above, that you don’t sound too ready yet. I’m sure you’ll be fine getting the ink, as I said in my other post, but I’d recommend getting the final design and placement decided upon and sitting on that for a while before getting it inked for good, but the general idea is great. As for tattooists in London – the best (so I hear, have not been tattooed in London) are in Camden, I’ve been there and looked in the studios and there is some decent work going on down there, there are loads just on one street that I’ve seen, so get on the tube and get a feel for some of the places, have a look at their portfolios and ask around if any take your fancy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.