scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Been offered a limited fee trial on a laser removal treatment machine with promo for 3 month. (the course to use this stuff will obviously cost me, but hey, qualifications never hurt anyone)

How do people feel about going to a studio offering both, tattooing and removal?
    Can the results damage my earnings if results are good(you need to be thinking like a client?
    Would you feel obligated to stay with the artist who took your tatt off, to put a new one on?
    Would you feel upset if the price of the new piece was higher if you didn’t get the removal from the same studio?

I’m concerned to the outcome of this, I need to hear from clients, how deep is your soul!!!!!!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i aint answering this as a client but rather a very good friend of somebody who is about to get a removal..

she has been getting 2 koi done on her back over the last 3 yrs, its a shit piece of work, the last artist…..well butcher… coloured them in like a fucking kiddies colouring book.. needless to say she now wants rid of them, she has been sent in the direction of a studio that does both laser removal and tattooing.

the pieces are going to take i should immagine somewhere in the region of 4 or 5 sessions, but she says the cost of it is much much less than going to a clinic to get them removed. The artist is going to perform a new backpiece which looking at the artwork… it will be an awesome piece.
    I think she is staying with the same studio because they offered a complete package which brings the cost of the laser treatment down.. its just something to think about mate..

i personally think people will come to you to have work removed in order to make way for a new piece by you.
    good luck with it mate, as you say your also bettering your qualifications at the same time..
    it is better to make a try at something and it not work out, rather than being pissed off with yourself for not having a go at it when you had the chance.

GO FOR IT 😉

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher
    Outlaw;33375 wrote:
    i personally think people will come to you to have work removed in order to make way for a new piece by you.
    good luck with it mate, as you say your also bettering your qualifications at the same time..
    it is better to make a try at something and it not work out, rather than being pissed off with yourself for not having a go at it when you had the chance.

GO FOR IT 😉

My thoughts exactly, you should pop out and visit my new studio in Dominican republic, I’ve a flat up top of the studio doing nothing unless mates come out to visit/work combo you can doss down (it is luxury if you don’t mind beautiful whores), just grab a cheap flight and bring your PF. Be happy to have ya!! Maybe you can put the bright pink in my back for me?

We loves guest artist here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

My fucking back, another story!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Did I mention I have free accom for good artists, 30/70 split !!
    I’m also looking for a piercer to run reception, keep appointment book etc, pierce on call. We work 10am till 4am but I always come back to close the shop and you can fuck off around 1am.

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

if i wanted a tat removed for a new tat id stay with the same shop for both. u should go for it. good luck to u.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    scrubmuncher;33378 wrote:
    My thoughts exactly, you should pop out and visit my new studio in Dominican republic, I’ve a flat up top of the studio doing nothing unless mates come out to visit/work combo you can doss down (it is luxury if you don’t mind beautiful whores), just grab a cheap flight and bring your PF. Be happy to have ya!! Maybe you can put the bright pink in my back for me?

We loves guest artist here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

My fucking back, another story!

cheers for the offer scrub, much appreciated mate… icon_2thumbs.gif

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Well my thoughts are this (and yes I know it don’t count for much lol)

The basis of it as a client I have to feel I can trust the artist to do work I am happy with.

If you have a decent client based because you are a decent tattooist then tattoo removal would work well for you because;

The client knows that you are capable of doing good ink so should trust you to be honest about how well the removal will work.

The convenience many ppl have to travel miles to get to a clinic – it is a pain in the arse and if the tattoo studio is closer and just as hygenic then it is easier.

Would I feel obligated? Well probably yes I know it sounds corny but when you are having any major work done be it tattoo or removal you do tend to form a bond with the person doing it (unless they are a complete arsehole and which they wont come back after first session).

I would say go for it as lets face it loads of ppl have shit put on ina hurry and want cover ups where laser maybe a bonus to have at hand.

Also I was wondering what is the name of your studio – I promised my wife a holiday and she mentioned maldives or dom republic – if it is that I would like to check out your work and maybe get a piece done.

Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.