bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

God bothering a to Christian? I’m really confused about what you meant entirely with that comment.

if you have ever met anyone who is a Morman then this is god bothering
    no offence to anyone who is Morman its just an example(each to there own);)

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Explain god bothering. While having met many Mormons, I try to stay away from the topic of religion entirely. I’d be very irate and obnoxiously opinionated.

bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

god bothering
    its an endearing term used for a person or people who go to church and try to push there religious views onto you
    but you are to nice to tell them to fuck off
    maybe its just where i live but its a well coined phrase around here ๐Ÿ™‚
    just looked at your profile and all becomes clear i forget the internet is world wide and something clear to me is fudge to you

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Never met a Mormon and hate the idea of following something or believing in something ficticious, although I do like the idea of many wives and that alone is reason enough to convert I find religion Is there for those with mass insecurities.
    Were the Waltons not mormons.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Well I come from two different schools all my life my dad told me people who got tattooed were idiots and scum etc you know the story. Then after my parents got divorced my mum got her first tattoo and followed it up with 2 more and I was hooked into the whole tattooing process. Then as soon as I hit 18 I went got my first one now I’m 20 and I’m still going lol. My father has subsequently refused to talk to me because of my tattoos but hopefully in time he can get over it. Even my grandad who isn’t a big fan of tattoos has learnt to accept me getting inked and even has little jokes he likes to make about em. So yea in my expierience tattooing has made some relationships stronger and broke others.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    bigbud;32581 wrote:
    god bothering
    its an endearing term used for a person or people who go to church and try to push there religious views onto you
    but you are to nice to tell them to fuck off
    maybe its just where i live but its a well coined phrase around here ๐Ÿ™‚
    just looked at your profile and all becomes clear i forget the internet is world wide and something clear to me is fudge to you

When they come to my door this is how it goes
    Them…”good morning”
    Me….”Is this god shit?”
    Them….”ummm well…:
    Me…”Fuck Off” and take ya books with ya.

yet they still come back every time, they must think im a satan lover and need to be saved:mad:
    And….i have the gates closed with my not so nice dogs running round and the fuckers still come in!!!!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Family – My nan hates my tattoo and tells me every summer when she gets a peek at it
    i think the rest of the year she forgets it there and moans that my hairs to long or i have put weight on
    or she doesnt like what im wearing

nan’s are never 100% happy LOL

Mad_butcher
    Participant
    @mad_butcher

My mom gave me monny for my first tattoo:)

and to religious ppl comming to my dor.. the first thing the see is this.. my doormat

Kynnysmatto_Satan_Inside.jpg But they come every month.. lol..

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i very rarely get people coming to my door fotr any sort of god or religion related crap but wqhen they do ialways try my hardest to talk them out of being religious and see the error of their ways. i regularly give out copies of zeitgeist to make them see what a ridiculous farce itall is.

Then if they still carry on its “Get off my fuckin doorstep god botherer”

But i know what you mean about family too. i see my relatives very rarely and when i do it mainly consists of

Nan = “what have youcome down for?” or “what do you want then” closely followed by “ok well thats done now did you want anythign else ok goodbye then.”

I think the best one i have had so far was when i dropped inon my nan for no reason at all and she got me inside and with a very serious look on her face took me through to the back room and asked me to sit down. By this point i was sure there was goingto be another relativewho i had never met who had died and she was about to break this heart wrenching news to me. butthe conversation went as folows

Nan “your uncle tells me that you havnt written to thank themfor the money they gave you for christmas last year”
    Me ” are you having a laugh ?”
    Nan “well it has been about 6 months now and you could have written to them”
    Me “If they dont know i appreciate gifts without a letter then please ask them to not give me anything. to be honest i would rather be ยฃ30 worse off then get this crap once a year”

This was even thoiugh they knew quite well that the previousyewar i had sepnt all of christmas looking after my aunt who was given 6 months to live on boxing day in the hospital.

But i do think one of the funniest things in the world was the 17 year old well practiced filthy looks my Nan used to give my ex whenever we went round. Always wondering why i would choose someone with so many piercings and tattoos when i could find a “Nice” girl instead

Oh and i want your doormat

Mad_butcher
    Participant
    @mad_butcher
    turbosatan;32721 wrote:
    Oh and i want your doormat

take a look:)

http://www.moremusic.fi/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=198363&lang=en

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Actually I usually get the opposite sort of reaction from colleagues and such because I am Jewish and have tattoos.

They normally will try around once a month with ‘hey Jews are not allowed to be tattooed – so that means you are not Jewish’.

I just say ‘So you read the passage where it talks about marking the skin and not doing it?’

Answer ‘umm no’

My reply ‘So fuck off and read it then before you start throwing your bullshit opinions around’.

This is the key part to it all if somebody wants to know they will find it out for themselves – I disagree with ppl knocking on my door and trying to force their opinion on me. I sure as hell wouldn’t do it to them and they should respect that theirs is just an opinion (like mine) not carved in stone.

It is the same with family – I always tell them what I choose to do is my choice and when they live a perfect life they can chuck a few rocks about my tats.

As for the Satanist thing that won’t put off most evangelicals – I studied theology & culture at a higher level degree (incl Satanism and Witchcraft) and noted that they see Satanists as the ‘ULTIMATE REDEMPTION’ – if you really want to bug them just say that you are a Hawkins follower and that everything is science/evolution based with no room for religion – they know a lost cause then. ๐Ÿ˜€

Matthew

empire27
    Participant
    @empire27

my mom has three tattoos but they are all in honor of her best friends that passed away, she always tell me to make sure my tattoos mean something to me, then she told me if i get one more before im 18 shes kicking me out of the house ๐Ÿ˜ฎ so my 18th is almost here and i already have my appointment all set up, i cant wait ๐Ÿ˜€

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

In the U.S we call people that go door to door about god “holy rollers” or “bible thumpers” because usually they are Christians. I’ve always wondered what kind of person does this and how they live their lives… What a big waste of one’s time.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.