WarByNumbers
    Participant
    @warbynumbers

i’m getting this piece done on my shoulder in a week or two, but i dont want to get red and yellow and the guy said maroon and gold would be hard to do. what colors do you think i should go with? I cant decide on anything but all black but i dont think it’ll pop like it does in the picture if the lines were flat black. Anyone have suggestions on a color scheme, or wanna really help out and photoshop the lines in this jawn all black so i can get an idea of what it’d look like:

Obey-Giant-War-by-Number.jpg

bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

cool picture
    is by banksy?

candii
    Participant
    @candii

why dont u jst get it more detailed and go with the greyscale? i think it’ll look jst as sexy if it we in black and grey with a light shading. if u were jst to get the strong outlining it might not stand out as good because u wont have the fancy back ground as the contrast?

i think get ur artist to sketch it up with sum details and go from there in a nice greyscale 😉

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I can photoshop the colors for you tomorrow when I’m on my PC. But I think the rose, her lips, and bow should be red. I’ll show you what I mean tomorrow and then tell me what you think. I’ll also do just gray scale for you.

WarByNumbers
    Participant
    @warbynumbers
    Demure;31624 wrote:
    I can photoshop the colors for you tomorrow when I’m on my PC. But I think the rose, her lips, and bow should be red. I’ll show you what I mean tomorrow and then tell me what you think. I’ll also do just gray scale for you.

yeah that’d be really awesome. i was playing around in my head with what it’d look like if it was gray scale and her hair had red highlights and so did the rose, i dont know though. i think this is going to be my favorite piece once i decide on color scheme and get it done i love this image

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

Here are a few I did, I can try what ever you think is best or would like though also if I can manage it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I like the grey with the red, looks nice and styley

WarByNumbers
    Participant
    @warbynumbers
    Terg;31648 wrote:
    1.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:
    AMAZING!
    amazing.

i don’t want to ask too much from you but like i’m DEFINITELY doing that gray scale, it’s just a matter of what to make red and what not to.. so if you want to play around with making a bunch of different pieces red go for it. Like lips black and gray, eyebrows red.. Make the bow black and gray.. i don’t know i’m DEFINITELY doing the rose red, that’s like clutch even if i do all gray scale on the rest.. it’s just toying with the all the possible combinations of lips, eyebrows, and bow. And maybe adding a little more definition to the grenade’s square segments. I don’t know basically i love you for giving me that image yo i can’t wait..

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

You suck next time you photoshop and steal my idea, may want to keep in mind what’s actually there. You didn’t get everything, like the rest of her bow and you fucked up her mouth. Let’s try again shall we? I kept all the original art in mine.

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

I’m glad you like it. How’s this?

4.jpg

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Fix the mouth and then the concept will be reasonable.

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

What he chooses is up to what he prefers. When I recolored it I did miss the bow but the mouth was intentional. After all its pretty much a concept (at least that’s how I approached it) and can be touched up by a real artist later on. I’m no artist ha just someone whos ok using photoshop.

Yours came out really nice as well by the way.

*edit*
    Also I didn’t see your album that you put up with design help in it. Please don’t be offended or think I stole your work.

WarByNumbers
    Participant
    @warbynumbers
    Terg;31659 wrote:
    I’m glad you like it. How’s this?

4.jpg

Way too much overkill with the red for me

Demure;31654 wrote:
    You suck next time you photoshop and steal my idea, may want to keep in mind what’s actually there. You didn’t get everything, like the rest of her bow and you fucked up her mouth. Let’s try again shall we? I kept all the original art in mine.

ha demure you’re awesome, i like the grenade A LOT better in yours, play with that image and different combos of red lips/brows/bow and red rose in all of them if ya want

edit: and if ya feel like doin more of the ones i asked for, delete the paisley background and the word “obey” if it’s not a lot of extra work

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

its pretty spooky lol, a little girl with a granade, like the red in the bows lips and rose i think thats just styley and not an over kill, will look awesome

tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

you could also just stick with the different shades of brown and yellow for the hair…. light and dark high lights to the hair. with alittle yellow would be nice….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.