daok
    Participant
    @daok

I see often tattoo that aren’t bevel like this:

1228767967-clip-18kb.jpg

But since few time I see tattoo like this one:

1228768004-clip-13kb.jpg

Do you see that the image #2 the tattoo has some “height”? How do you call that and how is it done?

Thx

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

in the second one i see it looks like the letters are beveling outwards… that’s neat but i know that tattoos do tend to stick a lil and you can feel the lines when ya touch em.. do ya suspect there is just more ink in the tatt and thats why it stick out more?

or are you talking about something totally different?

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

might be photoshoped too… that is very cool though.

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

i don’t quite get what u r asking, first tattoo it’s a nature piece in black&gray, don’t realy have a name, second one it’s just lettering. how do u call what exactly hun?? 2 completly different tats , one is shaded another totaly black, one is a picture another … letters

daok
    Participant
    @daok

AhshKoshBGosh:
    Yes, you got what I see, the “beveling outward”. If they use more ink, isn’t it dangerous? How do you call this way to do it? I would like to refer or search on the web about it to learn how they do that.

eveline:
    I am asking to get information about the second picture. How do you ask someone to have this type of beveling? How is it done? This king of tattoo is different from the first because I can feel it with my hand that is has something on the skin…

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

oh ok… daaa… soz i’m blond and polish:) they are both fresh means picture was taken not long after tattooing* so the skin underneath is a bit swalen that’s why it looks like dat. there’s a little bit more ,,digging” as i call it with the needle involved in colouring than shading. oh.. and ones it’s healed it won’t look like that anymore. surface of the skin will go back to beeing like before the tattoo, flat just with ink inside

daok
    Participant
    @daok

oh 🙁 Alright ! Thx for the info! 🙂

DARKSIDE INKS
    @

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

flyingoystertattoo
    Participant
    @flyingoystertattoo

Both of those tatts seem quite fresh, it does take some time for the swelling to naturally go down. The lettered tattoo looks VERY fresh, which could explain the height of the letters, although it’s possible it was redone, yet, it still looks a bit swollen to me. I have a couple tattoos that were done with an extremely heavy hand, and appear raised, which causes scarring creating that “beveled” look. On the other hand, that amount of scarring could depend on a persons skin; your body will absorb alot of ink, I don’t think any professional arist would put enough ink in to raise anyone’s skin, aside from being unhealthy practice, it would trash a tattoo. I would consider that the mark of a tattoo artist that doesn’t have a very good technique yet.

Just my opinion.

flyingoystertattoo
    Participant
    @flyingoystertattoo

Both of those tatts seem quite fresh, it does take some time for the swelling to naturally go down. The lettered tattoo looks VERY fresh, which could explain the height of the letters, although it’s possible it was redone, yet, it still looks a bit swollen to me. I have a couple tattoos that were done with an extremely heavy hand, and appear raised, which causes scarring creating that “beveled” look. On the other hand, that amount of scarring could depend on a persons skin; your body will absorb alot of ink, I don’t think any professional artist would put enough ink in to raise anyone’s skin, aside from being unhealthy practice, it would trash a tattoo. I would consider that the mark of a tattoo artist that doesn’t have a very good technique yet.

Just my opinion.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure
    flyingoystertattoo;31278 wrote:
    Both of those tatts seem quite fresh, it does take some time for the swelling to naturally go down. The lettered tattoo looks VERY fresh, which could explain the height of the letters, although it’s possible it was redone, yet, it still looks a bit swollen to me. I have a couple tattoos that were done with an extremely heavy hand, and appear raised, which causes scarring creating that “beveled” look. On the other hand, that amount of scarring could depend on a persons skin; your body will absorb alot of ink, I don’t think any professional artist would put enough ink in to raise anyone’s skin, aside from being unhealthy practice, it would trash a tattoo. I would consider that the mark of a tattoo artist that doesn’t have a very good technique yet.

Just my opinion.

Pinned the tail on the donkey. The lettering is just an example of a newly done tattoo. Skin reacts differently to ink by scaring or an allergic reaction for example. It’s different for everyone. You cannot ask your artist for the beveled look because it’s unpredictable as to what skin will have this affect.

In other words… tattoo beveling is completely out of the artist’s hands… so to speak.

daok
    Participant
    @daok

Thank a lot guy/girl. I understand more and will be more confident for my first tattoo 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.