Saint
    Participant
    @saint

I’ve been going to my artist for a few years now and he has a certain style I like and an attitude to match however like my art I like to own stuff from several different artists what your guys thoughts on getting tattooed by different artists? I mean it took me this long to find a good one how long to find another? lol

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

I have one who did my first… now anyone coulda done mine because it is very sweet and simple but i still made sure he could do at least that ya know lol. I only use him for certain ones I want only because he specializes in that particular style…. my next couple ones im getting ima use another guy who is known for his wrk around my town and is really good at oceanic scenes and very good with sugar skulls. So i think if you know different artists that are good, you always hear fantastic reviews about him/her , view their work coming from these fantastic reviews and see that they are good enough to do your next tattoo then go for it… its not like your cheating on the other artist lol your branching out for more styles and such.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Haha cheating on my artist lol I like it 😛 I just know theres a few unwritten rules when it comes to tattoos like other artists wont touch others work etc Hmmm I guess im going to have start searching for another good artist then lol

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

wow i never heard of artists being like that. it makes sense tho i can see some artists being like that just never heard of it actually happening. hmph crazy i think. i think its good having multi styles of work on one canvas… makes it just as interesting and unique.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Exactly thats my thoughts on it, if you buy art you wouldn’t just buy exclusively from one artist would you? so why not be the same with Tattoos? Be artist searching on friday me thinks.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

good luck… do you have lot of studios in your area? where are you exactly?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I’d go to an artist for what they specialize in. If my artist can’t do what I want, I’ll go else where. It’s my body, I get what I want.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    Demure;31292 wrote:
    I’d go to an artist for what they specialize in. If my artist can’t do what I want, I’ll go else where. It’s my body, I get what I want.

Exactly 😀

Saint
    Participant
    @saint
    AhshKoshBGosh;31291 wrote:
    good luck… do you have lot of studios in your area? where are you exactly?

There’s 2 or 3 within 10 minutes walk including my usual guy, I live outside Manchester and there’s quite a few in the town centre.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

if your regular artist cant or wont do a particular requested style then it is not disrespectful to go elsewhere, it only gets touchy with some artists if one artist has started a piece and then you go to another artist to get it finished…ie.. you have had the outline and part of the fill or shading done by one person and want another to finish it off, thats when they many a time say they wont touch it, but if the last piece was completed and then you want to add to it for say a sleeve then that aint so bad and should not be a problem.

after all, you are a walking gallery, and what you display on the walls is upto you 😀

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

It’s not that he doesn’t do a requested style, I just fancy a change of pace or different look on my art you know?

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

change of scenery and new conversations and such. i know what ya mean.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Exactly! I bumped into my artist in a club last night pretty strange lol Yea I’ve been to a shop near me today but gota say the artist was a complete prick so the search goes on.

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

after all, you are a walking gallery, and what you display on the walls is upto you:D

Yes I like that analogy I am in fact going to be a gallery LOL I agree though my artist all be it my first is amazing but if he couldnt do what I wanted I would go elsewhere in fact he is such a cool guy he would probably advise me on a good artist to go to:)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.