Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

idk really, 1 person i talked to said it looked pretty cool but then everyone else (10+ people) said it was retarded.

looking for your honest opinion

d7e8ca33.jpg

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i will diplomatically say…. it could have been better executed
    im probably biased because even as an artist i dont like hands faces or necks being inked
    and I refuse to do them

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

haha :P, well i suppose that was a better response than what i got on another forum: “Um…..I hate it.”

haha though i did laugh at that response.

anyways could i perhaps convince you to ask you why you dont do those types of tattoos?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i refuse to do what we call public viewing, the reasons being is that you cant cover it, and it can hold back your posibilities of career moves…. unless of course your a tattoo artist or a rockstar lol

i didnt know if you wanted crtique in the way of thoughts of how it looks from a public point of view or from an artists point of view

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

na m8 im glad you said what you did. just seems silly that such things hold people back in society today. sigh… o well.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

i really like hand tatts but im with outlaw, i dont get one just incase i lose or quit my job now and am unable to get hired anywhere else due to my hand tatts… ppl do discriminate against it because they think its “offensive” esp if your applying for a job that deals with customers in person. It a cool tatt i think but you gotta think about it first.

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

just going to school right now so it wouldn’t affect me now, but you guys are quite right. i have no idea what i want to do with my life, though i am relatively certain that i dont want to end up in an office. I am a traveling man/teen myself, lived in England, then Aussie land, and now Canada. i just wanted this because its sort of something iv said to my best mates when they go through rough times, always been there to help people and such. and i liked the term ‘hold fast’ because thats basically what i say.

anyways i suppose the best idea would be to wait, which is sort of lousy but deus vult.

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

In a time when even the armed forces are discouraged from display tattoos openly then its no surprise that such tattoos should (IMHO) be discouraged from any self respecting artist —yes you would think that someone who has tattoos themselves should not be judgemental about such things but as stated elsewhere it will severely limit the wearers job prospects — reminds me of the old love on one hand/knuckle hate on the other hand /knuckle tattoos that the bikers used to have in the 60/70s must look really impressive as they collect their Old Age Pensions

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

@Tartanmack 31056 wrote:

In a time when even the armed forces are discouraged from display tattoos openly then its no surprise that such tattoos should (IMHO) be discouraged from any self respecting artist —yes you would think that someone who has tattoos themselves should not be judgemental about such things but as stated elsewhere it will severely limit the wearers job prospects — reminds me of the old love on one hand/knuckle hate on the other hand /knuckle tattoos that the bikers used to have in the 60/70s must look really impressive as they collect their Old Age Pensions

well i wouldnt feel embarrassed to have this when im older, as the person who has it in the picture i posted is like 60ish and i think it adds a touch of character to him

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

@Fremen 31057 wrote:

well i wouldnt feel embarrassed to have this when im older, as the person who has it in the picture i posted is like 60ish and i think it adds a touch of character to him

Show me a tattoo and I will show you a person who has a interesting story to tell —-don’t know who first said it but they were right —yeah on a sixty year old it may look cool to someone who is still at school but there are a lot better tattoos you could chose from for your first tattoo —as I said elsewhere I wish the skill level and choice of tattoos you can get now was available 40 years ago when I got my first tattoo It would certainly have changed my mind about some of the tattoos I now have on display 🙂

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

the only problem is that everyone has these incredibly complex tattoos and i think its a bit overdone in some cases, i just wanted something damn simple thus the letters.

later on i plan on getting an english lion on the top right of my back

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

@Fremen 31059 wrote:

the only problem is that everyone has these incredibly complex tattoos and i think its a bit overdone in some cases, i just wanted something damn simple thus the letters.

later on i plan on getting an english lion on the top right of my back

I’m really not sure if you’re on a wind up mission or you genuinely believe that having your knuckles tattooed is what you want out of life, you’ve had a professional artist tell you why its not advisable –you’ve had others on here tell you why its not advisable but still you persist —cant fault your passion but if you still want the words Hold Fast as you’re first tattoo why don’t you goggle search some old school tattoos that represent those words after all it was a common navy tattoo/term from by gone years –may look strange and out of place on a youngster but at least you can tell those that ask the meaning of it 🙂

Fremen
    Participant
    @fremen

haha now i feel a wee bit silly. but meh. you make a good point and ill hold off on it until later

bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

i have HAT GLOVE on my knuckles
    done by a dyslexic tattoo artist 😀
    no just kiddin

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

BAD BAD BAD idea! I do tattoo hands and am one of the very few, but generally only celtic wedding knots on fingers, i have a flower tattoo going around my wrist and up my hand to my index finger, but in saying that i was a signwriter and could get away with it, and now am a tattoo artist so can still get away with it and will never in my days work for anyone but myself. You are only young DO NOT touch your hands or any part of your body that you CANNOT cover. YOU will regret it BIGTIME

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.