Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

im so fed up of people claiming that bepanthen is one of the worst creams you can use, but listen to this…………………………..

I CAME ACROSS A BOOKLET THAT I GOT FROM SKIN DEEP MAGAZINE THAT HAD A HUGE ARTICLE ABOUT THE USE OF BEPANTHEN AS AN AFTERCARE CREAM!!! THE ARTIST WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE HAD 30 YEARS OR SO OF EXPERIENCE IN THE BUSINESS, AND HE STATED THAT OUT OF ALL THE CREAMS IN THE WORLD BEPANTHEN WAS THE BEST AFTERCARE STUFF YOU CAN USE!!! AFTER READING THIS, I DECIDED TO USE BEPANTHEN AND I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK!!! GOD HONEST TRUTH TO WHOEVER IS READING THIS AT THE MOMENT, I HAVE USED BEPANTHEN FOR MY BACKPIECE AND OTHER VARIOUS INK I HAVE AND I DIDNT EVEN SCAB!!! MY INK WAS HEALED WITHIN A WEEK AND A HALF, AND IT LEFT MY INK LOOKING BRIGHT AND FRESH!!!

but i suppose it depends on the person and how their own skin takes to it!!! and regardless to what people say, i was always told that you ALWAYS use a cream with healing properties in them!!!and was also told that basic unscented moisturisers only hydrate the skin and soften the scab, which does absolutely nothing, it just prolongs the healing process!!!

on average if if using the correct aftercare cream (preferably one with healing ingredients) and using it correctly, your tattoo should only take between seven and ten days to heal, but that really depends on how much work you have had done and how well your skin heals!!!

thank you for reading this, i hope it helps, kez 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Nice post Kez… interesting to see that you were told to use creams with healing agents. I was told that a tattoo is to heal on it own and that healing agents would just irritate it anyway. Good to know. I dont think I can get the cream your talking about here in the US but im sure we have something like it. I will try it my next tatt and see how my skin handles it.

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

🙂 Hiyas Well heres my slant on it For my outline I used some cream from the Hemp Company designed for tattoos and it burned the hell out of me sooooo my tattooist said e45 is a really good one which did nothing at all to relieve the crazy itch ,anyhows I was dreading the colour going on for the itch factor Then my tattoist told me about bepanthem so I hot footed it down to the chemist And guess what its absolute magic cream no itch no burn and my back is totally comfortable with it But like Kez says it might not be suitable for everyone. It works for me and I couldn’t be more itch free LOL

http://www.thetattooforum.com/picture.php?albumid=200&pictureid=1027

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i used bepanthem on myself but it healed slower than using savlon, the thing we should always take into consideration is that no two people are the same and thus their skin will heal better with one cream and not the other.
    when i have finished doing a piece i put a liberal coating of prep-h (yep piles cream) on it then wrap it in cling film (glad wrap in america) send then on their way with the usual aftercare sheet in their hand telling them to use either savlon or bepanthem, the reason i advise more than one cream is because like i said above…. it depends on your skin for which is best to use for you..

nice info though kez, its nice to see good info and open friendly debates on a forum 😎

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

Going right off the subject here but did you know pile cream is excellent for crows feet and puffiness around the eyes 😀 beauty tip for the girls:p

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@AnGeLeYeSoNu 30711 wrote:

Going right off the subject here but did you know pile cream is excellent for crows feet and puffiness around the eyes 😀 beauty tip for the girls:p

Really?! Thats awesome! I gotta tell my girls that with the puffy eyes!! they will laugh at me but hey its worth a shot. Thanks!!

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Yea exactly it does depend on the person thats why you get some many different answers that will contradict another. Before i got mine i researched the proper ways to take care of it. got 3 sites saying all different things then my artist said something completely diff too. I did what he said and what one other site said and it both worked out. thank god, if anything ever happened to my tatt i woulda been so upset.

discontinu
    Participant
    @discontinu

the last tattoo i got i lost the cream i was using 2 days into healing (dont ask me how i managed to do that) so i ended up not using any cream at all, the tattoo healed fine but it took quite awhile.

i’ll defiantly give that cream a try next tattoo

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i give a little tub of bepanthen to all my clients, along with the full aftercare instructions, its original use is for babys bums, it works great and i wont use anything else:)

you will wreck your tattoo if you smother it with bepanthen, (seen one of my pieces wrecked by doing this and really pissed me off, it looked water logged ) my advice is to put enough on to make the tattoo shiny and thats it.

mcgdave
    Participant
    @mcgdave

My artist recommended bupanthen and my tattoo healed in just over a week. Great stuff and took the burn right out it. No itching either. I’ll be using it next time too. Also, got a baby on the way so I’ll be using it for the nappy rash – whcih is what is made for…

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

congrats on the baby…. what dates lil one due ?

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

i second that!!!

congratulations!!!

well at least when you next get ink, you will never be short of a supply of bepanthen once the lil one comes along!!!

kez 😀

mcgdave
    Participant
    @mcgdave

Thanks.
    Due on the 6th of April, haven’t found out if it’s a boy or a girl yet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.