Bexxybex
    Participant
    @bexxybex

Ok, I had my tattoo done yesterday morning, and left the cover on as advised until this morning. When I took it off there was loads of ink everywhere and it took quite a lot of washing (albeit gentle!) to get it off. I’ve still got ink coming off now, is this normal? Should I keep washing it? Have been recommended to wash it three times a day, shall I just stick to this and ignore the excess ink?

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Don’t worry about the access ink… that will happen… sometimes your skin rejects it and you have to go in for a touch up later but those are free don’t worry. if ya want to wash it three times a day go for it but i only had to wash mine once a day and put lotion on it every 2 hours for the first week and a half. then down to once in the morning, afternoon and night.

Wait until it scabs and starts to itch.. this means its healing but it is so annoying… and like others will notice i cant stress it enuff… DONT SCRATCH IT!! even tho ya gonna wanna dont… just slap it if ya have to. when ya wash it just pat dry dont rub. with the lotion and soap just lighhhhhhtllly rub

Bexxybex
    Participant
    @bexxybex

Cool, thanks 🙂 Am just putting vaseline on it at the mo to try to keep it from getting tight. Not looking forward to the itching bit, I have like no willpower! I will have to tie my hands behind my back or something lol!

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

bexxybex!!!

never, ever, ever use vaseline on a tattoo especially if its fresh ink!!!

petrolium jelly (vaseline) draws the ink out of your skin and you might be left with a patchy tattoo once its healed!!! (from past experience and advice i obtained from my tattooist!!!)

you can never go wrong with savlon (antiseptic cream), it will soothe your itching and heal your tattoo quicker!!!

just a small bit of advice from me!!!

kez 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

lol naw just smack it… it helps for sure.

vaseline is good i did that for a lil bit too. just as long as there isnt some type of healing agent in it then ya should be good.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

hmm interesting Kez… well now i dont know what to tell ya Bexxy… I used it and was ok.. i didnt use it a lot but i did for 2 or 3 days when i was at work and its all we had cuz dumb me forgot my lotion on a couple of occasions. I do know that unscented lotion like lubrederm is the best way to in muh opinion… its what i used and never had a prob from it.

Bexxybex
    Participant
    @bexxybex

I was told either vaseline or savlon by my tattooist, maybe I’ll use savlon to be on the safe side then! I feel I ought to follow tattooists advice as then if there are any problems he can’t blame me for doing something wrong!!
    I’m just finding it a bit hard at work because I have to do lots of stretching/bending, and the skin feels really tight and hard to stretch.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

The excess ink is normal i had an arm covered in it for ages after my big arm piece. Yea savlon is the way vaseline fucks your tattoo up majorly lol

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

some artists will place vasaline on the piece before wrapping it, this is just a protection layer until you get home and give it its first wash, it shoud never be used on it again after that point, as kez said it does draw out the ink and the tattoo will be patchy with holidays in it.
    yes you should wash it but remember to thoroughly wash your hands before touching the tattoo, you dont want to get any infections in it….. and yes it is normal to have some access inks come out if the artist has packed it in there for a solid fill, most people find it comes out on tribals or large filled areas.

surely your artist gave you an aftercare sheet of what to do and what not to do’s

just stay away from putting vasiline on it, you should only use antiseptic creams like savlon, bepanthem or similar for first couple of days….. then just use un-scented body lotion to keep it moist and reduce itching.

Ironmax
    Participant
    @ironmax

I’ve been told by my artist (who I trust explicitly) to NEVER use vaseline or anything with a petroleum base derivative in it, because it will disolve some of the ink since the skin layer is not healed yet. I use A&D ointment, the heavier orange tinted stuff and have had nothing but good luck with it.

onecomm
    Participant
    @onecomm

Dial soap and lubriderm lotion…..I dont recommend vaseline either

Bexxybex
    Participant
    @bexxybex

Have got savlon on it now 🙂
    There’s still ink coming off, is this just because it’s slow in healing? I’m not very good at healing in general, like when I get cuts etc. How long is it (on average) till it doesn’t hurt to touch any more? It’s only red and painful on my hip bone, I guess because the skin moves more there when I’m walking etc.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

you got it on a really sensitive area so im not sure if the pain is from the tatt it self of if the area is just sore from it. if that makes since. mine took about 1 week and half to get rid of the soreness. it completely healed in 3 weeks give or take. yours is bigger than mine so yours may take longer for the soreness to subside and also may take longer to heal. depends on your body. of healing is a touchy subject with your skin it may take longer.

*shrugs* hopefully that savlon helps.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@onecomm 30871 wrote:

Dial soap and lubriderm lotion…..I dont recommend vaseline either

i used it without asking my artist so its not like i was told to use vaseline but for lack of having anything else around i used it 2 or 3 days and i was fine but i could be lucky is all.. so many ppl say dont do it so when i get a bigger one i def. wont try it again.

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

Agree 100% with all that Outlaw wrote, I’m not using any creams/lotions on the piece I’m having done at the moment (mainly because I cant reach) and relying on showers (light at first) to aid the healing progress but on arms and such like I would always use Savlon as my main means of protection/healing but as stated by others —-DON’T PICK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.