Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

heya!!!

me and my guy need some advice from you people!!!

is it possible to successfully tattoo over stretch marks in case we encounter the situation???

kez ๐Ÿ™‚

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Well you can tattoo over scars and I have had scars tattooed, so I don’t see why not I may be wrong though maybe an artist could tell you better.

zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

well tbh if your boyfriend is a tattooist as you say he is , then i would of thought he would of known that ? tbh

Ironmax
    Participant
    @ironmax

I’m no tattoo artist, so I go with what my artist says, and that is you can tattoo over things like scars from injuries, vaccinations (and I’m guessing stretch marks too), but there is a chance that things may not look quite right. The ink may not react with the skin texture the same way and you may end up with part of the tattoo that looks different than the rest of the design. Most artists like to work with an unblemished area of skin if possible. If you’re going to do this, talk to an artist who has years of experience. You get what you pay for!

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

thanks for your advice!!!

we know that scars can be tattooed over because we have encounted and successfully inked over scars but his is the issue……………….

a few years ago i piled on alot of weight and got some hefty stretch marks on my lower back because of this!!! they are almost healed but i am wanting to have a tribal over them!!!

but before i go ahead i was wanting some advice because i fear the ink may bleed in to them and not take too well, leaving me with a mess!!! not only that, if a customer comes to us with the same situation, we dont want to risk it!!! you know???

but thank you for your advice, it very muchos appreciated!!!

kez ๐Ÿ˜€

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

I think the best Idea is to go to an artist with a wealth of years of expierence behind him and he can tell you either way if its possible. Good luck with it though!
    PS. A tribal ? Why?

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

yeah, but not your average tribal!!!

it one that i designed myself!!!! ill post up pics and you can tell me what you all think!!!

kez ๐Ÿ˜€

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Hope so, I hate tribals with a passion, the most unoriginal tattoo I see em on everyone lol

Ironmax
    Participant
    @ironmax

Hey good luck with your design, and post some pics of it when you have it done!

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

yeah, i agree!!!

i detest people who go into a studio and think “erm…..what should i get……i know ill get that tribal flash thats on the wall!!!”

its sooooo lets jump the band wagon!!! lol

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Same with butterflies and faries every girl seems to have one or the other or even both.

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

yeah, again jump band wagon numpties!!!

completely wrong way of going about gettin inked, ive always maintained that it should always be unique and mean something to the individual!!!

after all its art, be creative people!!! lol!!!

it comes from being an artist myself i suppose!!! lol!!!

kez ๐Ÿ˜€

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

@Hunni Bunni 30333 wrote:

yeah, again jump band wagon numpties!!!

completely wrong way of going about gettin inked, ive always maintained that it should always be unique and mean something to the individual!!!

after all its art, be creative people!!! lol!!!

it comes from being an artist myself i suppose!!! lol!!!

kez ๐Ÿ˜€

I think we are definitely on the same wavelength here haha

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

definitely!!! lol

kez ๐Ÿ˜€

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

its fine to go over stretch marks, just take it steady and take care not to overwork the skin,
    just make sure you get a good stretch going as it aint the same as normal skin texture.
    but it is more sensitive and does hurt more for the client.
    this was my first ever attempt on stretchmarks and there were no problems with it at all.
    KellyAnn.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.