znartist
    Participant
    @znartist

I draw alot of designs and on occasions throw other stuff in them like feathers, birds,and skulls, but i want them to look more realistic and am curious how does one perfect drawing these like is there a certain way to practice to make progress in drawing more realistic things besides tribal designs? i own a light box but i don’t want to rely on it i want to learn to draw stuff so they look proportionate.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

As you probably know, alot of artists stencil the piece first. Its a great way of getting detail into the tattoo.
    Its quite a quick process doing a stencil, as opposed to freehand work. But dont get me wrong….There are alot of talented feehand tattooists today. But will still stencil.
    The rest of the process is generally up to the artistic flair of the individual.
    Keep practicing. Draw,draw, draw. Thats why we are called artists ๐Ÿ˜€

znartist
    Participant
    @znartist

@X-pressive 30034 wrote:

As you probably know, alot of artists stencil the piece first. Its a great way of getting detail into the tattoo.
    Its quite a quick process doing a stencil, as opposed to freehand work. But dont get me wrong….There are alot of talented feehand tattooists today. But will still stencil.
    The rest of the process is generally up to the artistic flair of the individual.
    Keep practicing. Draw,draw, draw. Thats why we are called artists ๐Ÿ˜€

thanks man, ya there’s like only two tattoo shops around were i live, i got the han, eye and art for it but no openings on apprentice jobs.man i hate living in a small town at 18.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.