maleficia
    Participant
    @maleficia

Mine felt like a cat scratching my back constantly for 2 hours lol, but i would say it hurt….it was more annoying than anything. i went big for my first tattoo…..and 4 years later i havent regretted it for a single second. If it means something thats isnt going to change….then how can you hate that??:)

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

i dont really think that anything isn’t going to change… but i have a similar attitude, I have a few tattoos that i got when i really believed in something, which I no longer do, but I do not regret getting them… They remind me of that time in my life… They kind of burn the memories of that time of my life into my mind… Also, i think of them like scars that you choose to have… I wouldnt ever have a tattoo removed, even if it sucked, just because it is not just a tattoo… It is a symbol of that period in your life…

maleficia
    Participant
    @maleficia

I agree with that. What i meant by changing is sometimes people get things (like names etc) tattoo’d on them and then a few years down the track they may not still be in touch/love with that person but i guess thats a risk we all take when getting somehting done. I have two tattoos that were done by a friend (really crap job from when i was 13) and everytime i look at them i remember back to the day when i got them. i remember what was going through my head and i love them. People laugh at me because they arent ‘flash’ tattoos….but i dont care one tiny bit. My ink marks some very important times in my life and even though my old tatts are somewhat irrelevant i dont care. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

even for names (as i have one too) i wouldn’t get re-done or covered, (personal pref) as just because i am not in contact with them anymore, or even had a fight or whatever, doesnt mean that they where any less special to me when i got that tattoo, and that tattoo still represents those actions i made…

you can cover up the tattoo, but not the reason for getting the tattoo.

maleficia
    Participant
    @maleficia

I love the way you think ๐Ÿ™‚

I have often though about getting my old 2 covered up. Not because i dont like them…just because i wanted to make them look better and stand out more. After thinking about it for a long time i decided i couldnt do it. It would feel like im wiping a bit of my past away. It all depends on personal choice and you cant live your life thinking “how will this affect me in 10 years’. If you did that…you would never get far

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.