LadyJade..x
    Participant
    @ladyjade-x

Hiya every1 i havent had any tattoos yet but im getting my first one very soon
    i been doing lots or research bout tattoos plus reading the forum and i read somewhere that your not allowed to bathe or shower till its completely healed lol
    being a very hygineic person i wasnt keen on that idea
    is this true ?
    if not when bathing and showerin what have you used to cover the tattoo while you do this? or is it ok to fully submerge it

thanx guys
    ~Jade:)

tattooblond1973
    Participant
    @tattooblond1973

NO THATS NOT TRUE! Just no swimming in cloranated swimming pools

xTaniax
    Participant
    @xtaniax

just try to kep it coverd for few days while u bath or shower mate ๐Ÿ™‚

LilLola
    Participant
    @lillola

Its good to bathe the first night you’ve had the tattoo but after that it’s best not to fully submerge until it is healed. You can still shower just don’t go swimming or in the bath.

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

no, it is not good to bathe the first night of the healing process.

your tattoo artist will give you aftercare instructions. regardless of what you read on the internet or heard from other people, always follow the specific artist’s instructions!! (different artists suggest different things)

if you’re placing your trust in an artist to break your skin with many sharp needles thousands and thousands of times, i suggest you trust their discretion regarding the healing process. because when it comes down to it, great tattoos come from not only great skill on the artist’s part, but great aftercare on your part.

as for the washing.. you may not fully submerge your tattoo in water until it is healed. shower, but try to avoid running your fresh tattoo under the water. simply (and carefully) wash away any excess plasma, ink and lubricant when necessary with a very sparse amount of water (mind, fragrance free anti-bacterial soap is also recomended.)

you won’t need to be smelly for a week ;]

hope this helped!

LilLola
    Participant
    @lillola

A hot bath is good about 3 hours after the tattoo has been done as it promotes blood circulation and helps prevent scabbing.

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

a fresh tattoo is a fresh open wound. homeostasis kicks in and sends more than enough blood to your fresh tattoo in the first place. (hence the fresh “red” look of a tattoo)

assuming your artist did a half decent job at the least, you will have no problems with scabbing if you simply wash excess plasma/blood away and keep it moderately moisturized.

(especially in the early stages of healing), soaking your tattoo site will convert your healing wound into a big flesh swamp (obviously not a good thing), while leaving it under-moisturized will create scabbing. a happy medium is necessary.

cscottdraw
    Participant
    @cscottdraw

Every tattoo artists will probly tell you something different, I would do what yours recomends.

I got my first tattoo last thursday (on my leg) and it is fully healed…
    I have an old school tattoo artist and he told me to keep on whiping it with water/soap for a few hours after he gave it too me…
    about 2 hours later I got home and put a small amount of A&B on it, then washed it off with soap and water before I went to bed. I was told to wash it as frequently as possible (with the right kind of soap) the next 2 days I wore a small amount of A&B and I washed it at least 3 times a day. Then I started putting lubriderm on it (test a small part, if it doesnt hurt you are ready) and I have been doing that ever since. It just finished peeling yesterday. Mine seems to be okay, my Dad did the same thing as me and he got two arm sized pieces done a few weeks ago and we are good. Hope that helps. But again, there are probly millions of things you can do and you will probly just feel safer if you follow your tattoo guys instructions. ๐Ÿ™‚

LadyJade..x
    Participant
    @ladyjade-x

thanx people for your help much appriciated:)
    ntshaw you are right and thanks for advice ill just see what my artist says

thanks again ๐Ÿ˜›
    ~Jade

tribaltattooguy55
    Participant
    @tribaltattooguy55

soo false. just clean it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.