abbyandbracken
    Participant
    @abbyandbracken

Hi,

I am new to this site so, Hello to anyone that reads this ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a tattoo started yesterday, I had about 90% of the outline done but had to stop because the pain was really bad and I was shaking so much. ( I have given birth to 2 babies naturally and I though nothing would ever be as bad as that, I am now not so sure )
    I am going back in a few weeks to have more done, I am just wanting some tips on how to stand the pain a bit better than I did and control the shakes. Any idaes? please let me know.

Thank you

Mary

littlehelen
    Participant
    @littlehelen

Wow thats very nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Does the tattoo shop offer a numbing service?
    I just tend to listen to music and remember to breathe properly.
    Are you having colour?

abbyandbracken
    Participant
    @abbyandbracken

Hi,
    thanks for the reply, Yes I am having full colour and I was planning to extend it so it ends at my hip rather than my waist. The Tattooist has said about skin numbing creams but I have been told very mixed reviews about if it works enough to take the edge off the pain, so I don’t know if it is worth having, what do you think?

littlehelen
    Participant
    @littlehelen

I personally have never used numbing creams.
    I have a tattoo in a similar position to yours.
    To be honest I think the pain is down to the individual as mine didnt hurt that much. The only place that it hurt was around the waist area.

It is probably worth giving the numbing cream a shot.

And remember – mind over matter!

abbyandbracken
    Participant
    @abbyandbracken

I actually tried mind over matter and that did’nt work, I aslo tried reading a newspaper out loud, Its weird because after having 2 children without any pain relief I thought I would be able to handle getting Tattoo’s but it was not the case. You are right though everyone is different, my husband had his leg done before me and he made it look easy!!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Hi Mary,
    The best advice to get over the pain is diet, if you eat well/healthily and drink plenty of fluids for about a week before your session you’ll find it alot easier. Knock out any alcohol especially a few days before hand, if you use any recreational drugs then cut them out also. The fitter and healthier you are the easier you will cope with the pain. All this numbing etc is rubbish, doesn’t work and is pointless.
    Try to remember that that is a large piece to get and anyone would suffer a bit having to deal with that so you’re not being soft. When I had my back outline done in 1 session over I was tripping out by the end of the day. What I do remember is the more painful parts, kidney, ribs and neck so got those coloured in first as I felt I would deal with it alot better when I had more strength at the beginning of the session. Luckily it worked out like that so. ………………….
    You could do the sensible thing and just go for shorter sessions, but thats just far to easy isn’t it.
    Good luck and remember to let us have a peak when finished.
    Scrub

abbyandbracken
    Participant
    @abbyandbracken

Hi,
    Thank you, I will do! I think short sessions might be the way to go, Little by little, there is no rush. Thanks again. Mary:)

cscottdraw
    Participant
    @cscottdraw

thats gorgious! I bite my finger to get my mind off of pain.. and talking to someone helps me so I am not focused on the tattoo.. everyones different… good luck, make sure to post a picture when it is all done!

Samantha_ann19
    Participant
    @samantha_ann19

I guess the pain is very indevidual. My tattoo hurt but I could have sat there for longer. Numbing cream will help more with your mind than the pain honestly your going to feel pain weather your a little bit numb or not.

Dialback
    Participant
    @dialback

You know wot they say no pain no gain. I dont like that numbing stuff, its meant to be absorbed slowly through the skin but not tattooed into it. I would always go natural but i do enjoy the pain a bit . lol.

MTLHC
    Participant
    @mtlhc

Mind over matter, get yourself physced before you go in and know before hand that it’s gonna hurt like a bi*ch! (that why when it turns out to be not so bad you’ll fell like Superman lol) I found that concentrating on the music helped a lot (most shops play music) and also yaking with your artist is a good thing to keep your mind off the pain.

I am getting one on my foot and this is scaring the sh*t out of me because of all the horro stories I have heard but I’ve been conditioning myself menatlly so hopefully it goes well ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Daz Argyle
    Participant
    @daz-argyle

kool ink ๐Ÿ™‚ , i think its best 2 just relax and not think about it if u can , if ther r other ppl ther have a chat with them 2 take ur mind of it

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Hi there,

Pain is down to the individual. Ive found certain areas more painful than others and some not painful at all. I find nice calm deep breaths and chatting to the artist a little helps. I would never have a numbing cream or jab. Relax, keep cool and have some water near by ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.