greendemon
    Participant
    @greendemon

Hi all,

Having serious trouble with this tatt. Arm is very scarred. It’s a cover up. It was meant to be a full sleeve tribal. As you can see work on it had to stop. With a different tattoist now and she is trying different techniques. The black is very light in areas.

[ATTACH]97[/ATTACH]

Any advice would be gratefull

THRASHER
    Participant
    @thrasher

Hey Demon,
    Did it scab really badly? What was the aftercare routine for it?

greendemon
    Participant
    @greendemon

The first time we attempted the cover up it didn’t heal well. I used a product called tattoo goo (reccommended by artist). We then tried to darken some areas but the ink wouldn’t take. I used bepanthen these times and it was great. Gave up on this artist as he didn’t have any answers or ideas.

[ATTACH]98[/ATTACH]

I cannot resize the image but trust me mate it’s not good. It looks fifty years old ( i’m only 35 )

THRASHER
    Participant
    @thrasher

Yeah the pic is really small but ill take ur word for it… never heard of that ‘tattoo goo’.. artist recommended bepanthen to me years ago & ive used nothing else since. You gonna try & get new artist to continue the cover up? hope it goes well for ya mate

greendemon
    Participant
    @greendemon

Yeah, need to get something done with it, It drives me fucking mental every time i look at it. It’s been 3 years since i got it. Artist i’m with now reccommends something with a lot of colour but as you can see from my other tatts colour is not my thing. She said a coy fish would look good but fuck that, i hate those tatts. Still have a lot of thinking and discussion to do. I really had my heart set on a full sleeve tribal but if it’s not going to work.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

have you tried different inks etc?

i know there are a lot of different inks available

you might want to try and use some different inks and possibly a different artist for a few more tries before you go to a different design

greendemon
    Participant
    @greendemon

Hi satan

The first artist tried different inks but no joy. The artist i’m with now is trying different techniques. The tatt is darker in the areas she has done but it stiil isn’t tribal black:(

greendemon
    Participant
    @greendemon

Went back to tattoo artist today. Bad news. She reccommends i get it lasered off or at least get the scars lasered to get them down. Breaking my fucking heart. Knew it was coming though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.