BoaTattooStu
    Participant
    @boatattoostu

i was just wondering what everyone use’s for healing they’re tattoo’s? i used to use vaseline or sudacreme until my new tattooist told me to use bepanthen….i have tried this and it is fantastic,no itching,no big scab no greasyness…..what do you use?

THRASHER
    Participant
    @thrasher

Hi Boa,
    I use bepanthen too..
    after its finished its just vaseline & clingfilm for the nite, then a complete wash with warm soapy water or a bath even depending on where it is. Wash lightly until skin feels normal & all the vaseline is gone… pat dry etc & put on the barest amount of bepanthen. Once cream is on i like to cover em with kitchen roll (i recommend bounty or an good quality one.. this way the roll keeps the cream from wiping off, tatttoo stays clean & air is still able to get to it)
    A complete wash with soapy water every nite for 2 – 3 days & no more covering. i keep putting on the bepanten for about 4 to 5 days until the excess ink falls off & onto a moisturiser for a week or so.

this works for me… but everyones different so its prob not the best way for everyone. This keeps scabbing to a minimum for me & tats heal within a week. Tried preparation H years ago but seemed to take weeks to heal.. again just me i guess.

tattooblond1973
    Participant
    @tattooblond1973

There is this stuff you can get called Tattoo Goo its awsome & it works great. Ask your artist about it or you can order it from one of the tattoo mags.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.