Marius
    Participant
    @marius

Well, I don’t have any tattoo’s (yet), although I’ve long considered getting one.

But of course, just runnign off to the first guy with a needle doesn’t sound like the best course of action, so I had a few questions regarding this all and hopes some of you could shed some light on them?

Of course the natural starter is “Will it hurt”, I suspect it might, considering it’s a needle being pushed in and out of your body repeatedly. Although a friend who’s already got a few tattoo’s says it doesn’t really hurt except for some points on your body, and even those places get numb after a few seconds of the jabbing so you don’t feel anything any more.

Secondly, I’ve got a design that I’d like to use for the tattoo, do you jsut show up at a parlour with the design and tell them “I want this” and the nsit down in a chair or whatever and wait for your turn, or will I have to stop by with it days in advance and say “I wish to have this on my body, when can you see me?” ?

Does anyone know the estimate prices on variouse tattoo’s ? (price not really an issue, but it’d be nice to know for personal budgets and whatnot), as I hear rumors of as much as $1000 (USD) just for outlining…that has to be an exaggeration, right?

How long does a tattoo take to heal, I’ve heard roughly a week?

And of course, if there’s anything else yo uthink one should know before diving into this, pelase let me know, I would love to hear from soemoen with some experience in the field.

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

few answers for ya…

yuh it hurts but nowhere near as much as ud think up in your head.
    my first was on the side of my calf so it only really hurt when it touched the shin bone. but in saying that its highly bareable.i think the first thing u gotta do is go into the shop, show them ur pic, and make an appointment!. the place i go to has a long waiting list(like 3 months) so id go in asap and atleast book(take ur design with you) if u see my pics i got up i started off with just mario & luigi, done in 1 session outlines and coloured in an hour and a half for $350. took like 5 days untill it stopped being senstive and sore then about another 1.5 weeks to heal fully. then another week later i got all the othe stuff u can see on my leg which healed heaps faster and hurt heaps less(dunno why maybe cos my body got used to it, i dunno but it was aweseome)

your $1000 first tattoo would have to be pretty epic and def not in 1 session.

hope that helped a little.

-Jesse

Marius
    Participant
    @marius

Indeed it did help, I was kinda expecting that it’d hurt slightly, it is a needle after all, but you know what they say; no pain no gain, hehe.

I was actually in yesterday and made an appointment after talking with a woman I know that’s already gotten a few. Went with a tattoo place she recommended, since there are 3 in my town, and not all places are the best place to be I’ve heard.
    And you’re right, it’s a 3 month wait, haha, but I can live with that they’ve got my design and I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks for the answers though.

And for those interested, I am getting it on my right arm, on the “outside” so to speak between my wrist and elbow, and it will be the Griever symbol (for those that don’t know of it, it’s a Final Fantasy)

59.png
    Of course, I’m getting that one blown up a bit, as I don’t wish for a tiny thing the size of a finger, hehe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.