nightowl2400
    @

On Feb. 28th I got an upper arm/shoulder tattoo, my first. It is an angel on a moon with black outline, with dark shading around the borders. Aftercare was to use “silk skin” ointment, a tiny amount 2 times a day and once a day clean it with antibacterial soap. I’ve followed all of the instructions the artist gave me.

Right now the tattoo is peeling/scabing. I have not & will not pick at the scab/peelings, but it seems like the whole layers of ink will come right off from the dead skin when the scabs fall off on their own. I know it is supposed to lightened up a little, but this seems like too much. I went back the next day (Feb. 29) and the artist added extra shading. But, I don’t want to keep having to go back. Does this healing sound normal or am I being paranoid?

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

@nightowl2400 24325 wrote:

On Feb. 28th I got an upper arm/shoulder tattoo, my first. It is an angel on a moon with black outline, with dark shading around the borders. Aftercare was to use “silk skin” ointment, a tiny amount 2 times a day and once a day clean it with antibacterial soap. I’ve followed all of the instructions the artist gave me.

Right now the tattoo is peeling/scabing. I have not & will not pick at the scab/peelings, but it seems like the whole layers of ink will come right off from the dead skin when the scabs fall off on their own. I know it is supposed to lightened up a little, but this seems like too much. I went back the next day (Feb. 29) and the artist added extra shading. But, I don’t want to keep having to go back. Does this healing sound normal or am I being paranoid?

it would be cool if you posted a picture and we’ll have a look. All my black work has always gone a little lighter after the first week-2 weeks but only because there’s fresh skin above the ink. Usually tattoos take 28 days+ to be fully healed, even though it may stop stinging and the scab might be off, it takes a while for the ink to settle in. I’d leave it for a while too, if your artist over-works the area while fresh he could cause scarring but the tattooist should know this 🙂

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

yea dude mine peeled and i think red ink doesnt agree 100% with me so i get lil sore “scab” sorta spots on mine but within maybe 3 weeks it came off and u dont notice where it was…

once the peeling is finally done its done..

give it time?

peace.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.