Tawn
    Participant
    @tawn

My dad knows I have a REAL interest in getting a tattoo, but he says it’s a good idea to start out small, so as to have an easier time covering it up should I not like it.

But to me, it really makes no difference, because be it small or insanely large, it’s on your body no matter what. And the two tattoos I’m going for are both large.

Should I listen and just get a really small one? One that I might not even like? Or start out big???

ALInk
    Participant
    @alink

your best bet is go to your tattooist with your da and talk to the tattooist both saying what you think then listen to what he says ……..:)

Libertine
    Participant
    @libertine

@ALInk 24171 wrote:

your best bet is go to your tattooist with your da and talk to the tattooist both saying what you think then listen to what he says ……..:)

I cant imagine anything more embarresing , i dont think than turning up at your local tattooist’s with your dad and asking the tattooist to have an heart to heart with him!

ALInk
    Participant
    @alink

@Libertine 24175 wrote:

I cant imagine anything more embarresing , i dont think than turning up at your local tattooist’s with your dad and asking the tattooist to have an heart to heart with him!

yep maby your rite,so what do you sugest then go with the bigger tattoo idea becouse bigger is most definatly better in tattoos,little tattoos are for filling space between big ones…:D

agonvea
    Participant
    @agonvea

It is a good idea to start out small if you are not sure of what you want. I started small and kept on going. I brought my Dad with me to get my 2nd tattoo nearly had to fight him to get it done as he wanted to get done instead. I would have been mortified if he and the tattoo artist had discussed mine.

TechnicoloredSun
    Participant
    @technicoloredsun

Bottom line, I think you should do what you want to do. I can understand why your dad is saying that because he just wants to make sure that this is something that you really want, he loves you and wants you to make the best decision. Tattoos are a big investment, and you really do need to be 100% sure if you want to get one because it will be on your body for the rest of your life.

If you do decide to go smaller for your first one be cautious because a lot of people make the mistake of getting a really small tattoo in a larger area and it doesn’t really look right.

I also think you should take time and look around at different tattoo artists in your area and ask them for their opinion.

I hope this helped!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Go with part of what you have in store for later. They will wait, your skin is goin nowhere. You sound a bit daft though, ‘a tattoo I might not like’? well don’t get the piece if you don’t like it numb nuts!:rolleyes:

ALInk
    Participant
    @alink

you dont ssound sure what you want realy,maby if you get a small one you wish later you got a big one or if you get a big one you wish a small one only you know what you realy want so dont get any till your sure and you wont make the wrong descision………..or try a hena temp tattoo that stays on a few weeks ? duno at a loss what to tell you…if it was me,i would get a big one my self and my first was a big one followed by more big ones n more n more n more ect ha ha i dont supose it realy maters coz once you start you be coverd in them one way or another maby..
    🙂

daveo
    Participant
    @daveo

Hiya
    To start with, research the style you want ,never go for something off the cuff because a few months/years you will regret it and have to go throught painfull removels or cover ups
    a good tattoo artist will have time to talk to you about the best placement for your design but just make sure you dont get one untill you have really thought about the design, style, size and placement

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.